What's the "best" digital recording interface under $700?

I was told by a big studio that the MAIN difference between them and me at home (for recording my guitar only), is the digital interface box (containing sound card and mixer) - anyone agree with this?

I currently have a Lexicon Omega, which I love, but there may be much better.

So what is the best interface under $700? I DO NOT care about features, I just want high quality. 2-4 channels (probably 2) is all I would EVER use.

Thank you.
My M-Audio Profire 2626 serves me well.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by DiveRightIn63
My M-Audio Profire 2626 serves me well.

I also have a ProFire 2626 and it's great.
Fender USA Stratocaster HSS
Schecter C-1 FR Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 321mh
Fender Squier Strat
Bugera V22
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100
Line 412 cab V 30's
Quote by JMeasles
I also have a ProFire 2626 and it's great.

Okay, I'll look at it, thank you.

I found, comparing raw pro studio recordings to my home recordings that the big difference is what I would call frequency response, and clarity (which may be a function of frequency response too). Would you agree?

And where would you think that most of this difference is found? In the sound card of the Digital interface box-whatever my Lex Omega is called(or ProFire 2626 in your case), or the mixer in this Digital Interface, or in the mics (I use Shure SM 57/58)?
I think it comes in the form of a bit of everything, I think the mic preamps in the interface make a difference but I'm not the most knowledgeable about the technical aspects. I just know that with my ProFire 2626 and mic'ing my amp with the Sennheiser e609, when I playback a recording it sounds exactly the same as it did coming from my amp.
Fender USA Stratocaster HSS
Schecter C-1 FR Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 321mh
Fender Squier Strat
Bugera V22
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100
Line 412 cab V 30's