hey guys I like both guitars, but which one has a better neck for shredding? I've played the $300 version of the dean guitar at a local shop and it's pretty good, but I haven't played the real angel of deth or the jackson rr 5 (I think it's japanese). Both have set in necks.

Any comments/recommendations regarding the neck?

thanks!!
THe Angel of Deth is probably the highest quality Dean import and it is very good; Ebony fretboard, Mahogany body, Neck-thru, the pickups are amazing etc, and for those reasons I think it's better. I personally think you get more bang for your buck with the AOD. The neck profile is very similar to that of his Jacksons (or so many people have said) but if you can, play both and see what you prefer.

Good luck and post some guitar pr0n when you get it
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Looks wise, i'd go with the Jackson, the graphics on the AoD seem really tacky&cheap, and in a few years time you might not like it anymore. The Jackson on the other hand has a more basic design, and looks so much classier.
Last edited by 3lusive at Sep 29, 2009,
They're both good guitars, so really the only way to decide is to play them yourself. Personally I'd have the RR5 in Ivory w/ black pinstripe. There are very few guitars that can make me drool like that one.
You guys make some good points. I see myself owning that Jackson for a long long long time, and I've always dreamed of having a set in neck Jackson guitar. I'll post some pawrn when I get it.

Thanks!.
Good stuff, man, that Jackson is one mighty fine guitar, I've always really liked them.

Can't wait for the pron
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
for me i would choose the angel of deth, the graphics are cool, and the frets markers and really nice, also, if u play in any venue, u would be instantly recognizable because of how flashy a V and the angel of deth graphic is
Im really doubting Dean right now so I'd go with jackson. Jackson pro series are fine quality instruments! I'd personally go for a rr24 since I pretty much only need 1 pu anyways
Jackson RR5's are neck through I believe. Japanese jackson over dean's imports anyday.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
ive recently got my self a dean angel of deth and it is amazing dude. the neck profile is perfect for shredding and its really comfortable reaching the 24th fret. it is pretty light weight so playing on stage you wont get tired or weighed down. and those active seymour duncan live wire pick ups are the tits dude. they sounds so great overdrive or clean.

good luck with your choice bro
DAVE FOR PRESIDENT!!!