Ok... uh.... well..

I wrote and recorded this one yesterday.. a few things to know about it..

First off it is in mono.. being I am totally deaf in my right ear I get so tired of the music playing second fiddle to stereo imaging, on this one I said 'to heck with it'.. instead of guessing I know exactly what I put before you.. I tend to think Mono works great for a song like this.. hardly low tech.. I am using it by intent.. *L*

Secondly, if you do have a listen I would like to draw attention to the Bass.. working it out and performing it all the way through was fairly tedious as it isn't just standard 'boom boom'.

Thirdly, I'd like to know what people think about mono for a song like this.. would it really be that much better to you if it was in stereo, or does the musical point get across without it? This I really would like to hear thoughts on..

So without further adieu, in all it's obscure glory..
I present

Dream Girl
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8155367

Peace~
the mono-ness doesnt sound bad. it might sound better in stereo because you could pan some of the instruments, but i really think the only time that is really needed is a couple of the moments when you have a lot of instruments at once. the song is structured very well and all the melodies for each instrument are great. i cant hear the bass very well because of my horrible laptop speakers, but from what i can hear it sounds good. sorry i cant offer more there

crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1207909
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
the mono-ness doesnt sound bad. it might sound better in stereo because you could pan some of the instruments, but i really think the only time that is really needed is a couple of the moments when you have a lot of instruments at once. the song is structured very well and all the melodies for each instrument are great. i cant hear the bass very well because of my horrible laptop speakers, but from what i can hear it sounds good. sorry i cant offer more there

crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1207909

Thanks for the ears and thoughts..

I am always a little leery of dropping this kind of song in here..
Quote by 333maxwell
I am always a little leery of dropping this kind of song in here..

I agree with you. I get tired of hearing the same old "check out my new metalcore riff" that's recorded with a headset microphone through windows sound recorder. I can tell you definantly put a lot of time and effort into your recording, and it shows. While not exactly my cup of tea, I was pleasantly surprised. All the instruments and vocals were done tastefully. Personally, I envisioned this song being used in a movie. Like I said, this isn't something I would go out of my way to listen to, but it certainly was very well done.
Quote by CDubDSP
I agree with you. I get tired of hearing the same old "check out my new metalcore riff" that's recorded with a headset microphone through windows sound recorder. I can tell you definantly put a lot of time and effort into your recording, and it shows. While not exactly my cup of tea, I was pleasantly surprised. All the instruments and vocals were done tastefully. Personally, I envisioned this song being used in a movie. Like I said, this isn't something I would go out of my way to listen to, but it certainly was very well done.

Hey, appreciate the ear and thoughts..

Thanks again~~
not so bad. =O
so not something I'd ever listen to at. at all. but that doesn't mean I think it's bad.
Like the harmonized parts of the vocals.
it sounds fine in mono.. but it might sound more full in stereo.. maybe if you know someone who can like mix well, you could ask them to help you out with doing so?
Quote by TechnicolorType
not so bad. =O
so not something I'd ever listen to at. at all. but that doesn't mean I think it's bad.
Like the harmonized parts of the vocals.
it sounds fine in mono.. but it might sound more full in stereo.. maybe if you know someone who can like mix well, you could ask them to help you out with doing so?

Hiya Technicolor..

Lots of folks have said this isn't something they would normally listen to, and I can relate. I know the feeling, because this isn't something I would normally play. *G*

Appreciate the thoughts and time~!
wow this is amazing, some songs have the quality of being amateur and you can pick it out. you can also pick out the other end of the spectrum. which is what this song is. great stuff man keep it up
Quote by triggerhappy19
wow this is amazing, some songs have the quality of being amateur and you can pick it out. you can also pick out the other end of the spectrum. which is what this song is. great stuff man keep it up

Your very very kind..

Thank you.