Im looking for a tube amp to get sometime soon but dont have a clue what to get. budget will be around £300 and i need enough to do small to medium sized gigs with. Did look at the Ht-5 but ruled it out as it was going to cost a lot with a decent cab and was small for gigging with no mics. Anyway any other ideas would be appriciated

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
What Genre do you play?

If you're gigging, I totally recommend looking at a Laney VC30, or if you want to go a bit cheaper, a Laney VC15.
You can't go wrong with that!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
playing mostly classic rock and il take a look. any other ideas?

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
Quote by lewisg1
playing mostly classic rock and il take a look. any other ideas?

Perfect.
You'll totally dig the VC series. Great cleans as well. Nice vintage crunch.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
think i could just about afford the 30 as well, il have to see if i can give one a try anywhere.

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
Quote by lewisg1
think i could just about afford the 30 as well, il have to see if i can give one a try anywhere.

Yeah, you should always try before you buy.
Look at the Vox AC15 as well, but TBH, the VC is just as good and cheaper [plus, the VC series is made in the UK, if you're that kind of person...]
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
if you're willing to pay a little extra to get a cab:

http://www.valvepower.co.uk/index.htm

if not, vc30 as simsimius suggested would be a good call, though I think they're over £300 now too.

EDIT: what exactly do you mean by classic rock? It can mean different things to different people. To me it means things like led zep, cream, ac/dc, thin lizzy, that type of stuff.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by lewisg1
Did look at the Ht-5 but ruled it out as it was going to cost a lot with a decent cab

Combo is £300? =/

If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by Dave_Mc
if you're willing to pay a little extra to get a cab:

http://www.valvepower.co.uk/index.htm

if not, vc30 as simsimius suggested would be a good call, though I think they're over £300 now too.

EDIT: what exactly do you mean by classic rock? It can mean different things to different people. To me it means things like led zep, cream, ac/dc, thin lizzy, that type of stuff.

The head itself is £300, and the cheapest cab I can find is always over 100.
But if you can stretch, I recommend listening to Dave_mc. That amp would be a very good choice.

Otherwise, VC all the way.

And I would still recommend the VC [or similar] over the HT-5 combo has the VC has more headroom and is more suited to gigging [as TS said he would].
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
^ yeah, it might be a bit of a stretch, I just suggested it in case it wasn't. I got my valve junior cab for £60, but it's gone up quite a bit recently, unfortunately. you could try the thomann/harley benton 1x12, which I suspect is a rebranded VJ one, but I'm not certain, and I haven't tried it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah, it might be a bit of a stretch, I just suggested it in case it wasn't. I got my valve junior cab for £60, but it's gone up quite a bit recently, unfortunately. you could try the thomann/harley benton 1x12, which I suspect is a rebranded VJ one, but I'm not certain, and I haven't tried it.

£60?
Ah, that brings it in line some VC30's.

I think it's best if TS shops around and see if he can get a cab for that price.
Failing that, he should play the VC and if he likes, buy.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
yup, pretty much the way to look at it. The stock speaker in the VJ cab is actually pretty nice- an upgrade at some point would probably be worthwhile, but it's not necessary immediately, it could wait until more money had been saved up.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?