i can sing alright play guitar allryt but when i try to do thm together i fail miserably any tips suggestions?

thnx in advance

ps- u can call me qasim
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
MKH says learn both fluently seperatly then try putting them together
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
this is one of those practice makes perfect situations. That, or you can just try adjusting your riff so it blends with the lyrics. but when you compromise, no ones happy. so practice beotch
umm thnx alot guys i can do both fluently like seperated so i guess ill just practice more thnx alot
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Pick a simple chord song, thats in say 4/4 time, and is quite slow. It's a nice easy platform to build on then
Quote by greendayispunk
umm thnx alot guys i can do both fluently like seperated so i guess ill just practice more thnx alot
Yes definitely practice, but make sure you start of with simple stuff, and work up to it.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
It's just about rhythm. If the rhythm you are using for your guitar part is complex or different from your vocal, you will find it more difficult. Like rubbing your stomach and tapping your head at the same time...lol. Check out Green Day and see how BJ's playing is simple rhythms layered with more complex stuff for his vocals(easier to do).

Try to sit there and re-organize your guitar work to be smoother match with your vocals. But if you just can't let go of the gold you wrote...then practice.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by KryptNet
It's just about rhythm. If the rhythm you are using for your guitar part is complex or different from your vocal, you will find it more difficult. Like rubbing your stomach and tapping your head at the same time...lol. Check out Green Day and see how BJ's playing is simple rhythms layered with more complex stuff for his vocals(easier to do).

Try to sit there and re-organize your guitar work to be smoother match with your vocals. But if you just can't let go of the gold you wrote...then practice.

that helped alot
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112