It's your money, you should be able to do with it what you want. You make a mistake, tough ****. You'll learn from it.

That said, do you really think you need a new amp?
Yeah if you're paying, they shouldn't care what you buy or why you buy it

I am the King of Carrot Flowers

Quote by jetfuel495
You need a new amp because your old one broke.

In order for this to work, you must set your old amp on fire.
This, but you have to rig it to start on fire while you're playing, so you can claim this amp cannot withstand your awesomeness, and you need one more suitable.
line 6 spider
get one you wont regret it
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Wrong forum... but I think you should check out a decent little tube amp combo. Fender Blues Jr. might be good. Remember though, make sure it's tubed. Also... stay away from Line 6 and low priced Marshalls.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
well you want a new amp don't you? just tell them the reasons you want the new amp. that will pretty much justify your purchase.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Wrong forum... but I think you should check out a decent little tube amp combo. Fender Blues Jr. might be good. Remember though, make sure it's tubed. Also... stay away from Line 6 and low priced Marshalls.

I'm not asking for suggestions - I'm asking for excuses!!!
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
wow - I forgot the golden rule of UG

NEVER ASK THE PIT FOR ADVICE!

I'll go post this on another forum

You mean like GG&A?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

SS =/= teh sucks.

Line 6 =/= teh sucks.

You can find good Solid State amps but they are harder to come by than good tube amps.

Line 6 make some of the best amps but there's so much bandwagoning on this forum that they get all the hate just for the Spider IIIs. Stay away from LINE 6 SPIDERS, NOT OTHER LINE 6's.

TS, in short, ignore this guy.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Sep 29, 2009,
Quote by JayT44

SS =/= teh sucks.

You can find good Solid State amps but they are harder to come by than good tube amps.

Didn't TS flat-out say he's looking for a tube?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by WantsLesPaul
My parents are always like "Is it a Marshall?" "What the hell is a Peavey?"

Lol my dad was like that when i bought a Laney.He was like eh i thought you would get a Marshall i just went nah i prefer Laney and said Marshall's just a name and not always the best.

Was awesome i put him in his place.Still never forgive him for trying to talk me into getting a behringer noooo waay.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
OK, so I breached the topic of a new amp with my parents - my mums reaction was
"Why do you need a new amp?"
and
"What is an appropriate amp for your level?"

she dosen't understand guitarists

anyway, I'm paying myself, can anyone answer those questions and justify my purchase?

TS, i had this same conversation yesterday.

Me: im thinking about buying a new amp, i dont really need a car.

Dad: wtf? why would you need a new amp? you spent $200 and you've had it for 3 years. that amp should last you far beyond college. (thats in 6 years. I have a Marshall MG. he believes he understands it just as well as Aussies and their damn kangaroos)
I'm a compulsive liar. Which means that was a lie, so I'm not, making it true. So, yes, I am a compulsive liar, but at the same time I'm not...Or am I?
Tell her how crushing the Overdrive will be on your new MG.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Just go buy it and smack that bitch if she says anything.

Or... buy a new one and hide it, she'll never know the difference because all women are *****s. What does that have to do with it? Nothing, it's just true.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Quote by JayT44

SS =/= teh sucks.

Line 6 =/= teh sucks.

Line 6 make some of the best amps but there's so much bandwagoning on this forum that they get all the hate just for the Spider IIIs. Stay away from LINE 6 SPIDERS, NOT OTHER LINE 6's.

TS, in short, ignore this guy.

I'm so sorry I offended you.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
I'm so sorry I offended you.

it's amazing how worked up people can get here.

TS, tell your parents, this is an honest suggestion, that they should at least research stuff about amps and valves before they say you can't.
This is why I'm glad I learned to drive and budget my own money. I ended up saving about 4400 dollars, 3000 of which I spent on new equipment. My mom asked how much I spent on it when I got home and I never really answered her, but she said something like "it looks like you spent 1000$ on all this stuff!" If I had told her the actual price she would have killed me.

Ahhh silly parents and their non-existant understanding of music...

She did complement my tone though thankfully, so she thought I was justified in getting a better amp at least.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
I'm so glad I no longer live with my parents and get to buy whatever I want.

Drugs and hookers ftw.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.

spider IV
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ