I wanna make my white fender strat yellowish so it has that vintage feeling. How do I go about this?

I don't want to relic it, just make the colour look vintage.

I heard tea staining is good on the plastic bits?

Thanks. Moom
Gig with it in bars that allow smoking, or fog out your car with cigarette/cigar smoke and let it sit in there with the smoke. Never heard of the tea method, but tea stains white teeth so I'm sure it works.
Tea/Coffee kinda work.

Smoke works pretty good.

One thing that makes it look old (and kind of abused) - Leave the plastic pieces in direct sunlight. This will give them UV damage. This will cause discoloration and it will feel really old/brittle.
I'm curious...
Does anyone think that if I were to take my guitar into one of those tanning things, and put my guitar in, would it yellow?
Hmm... Might not work though, I don't know if they use actual UV rays, or even have the technology to do that.
..I was watching my death.
i wouldnt ! maybe buy some yellow smoke balls and light them underneath the guitar
Quote by savage94
i wouldnt ! maybe buy some yellow smoke balls and light them underneath the guitar

You mean smoke bombs?
I don't think the guitar would take up the color of the rising smoke. It might... I'm not to sure on that though.
..I was watching my death.
put the guitar in a big bin and light a yellow smoke bomb at the bottom and put the lid on. i think it should work.
Quote by savage94
put the guitar in a big bin and light a yellow smoke bomb at the bottom and put the lid on. i think it should work.

That is one of the best things I've ever heard. Sig!
Piss on it.

/thread
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
your not makeing it look "vintage" your ageing it, or relicing.

vintage probably looked the same as they do now (when there new ofc)

tbh only people who have owned a guitar long enough to relic it (with time and age, not sandpaper and such) should have reliced guitars.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
^ I see where you're coming from as I'm not a huge fan of artificial wear myself, but if you look at it as just another type of finish (which it is) then its fine.

Otherwise that's like saying only people who buy guitars with EMGs should be able to have EMGs.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Last edited by blindsagacity at Sep 29, 2009,