hey there,mayeb someone can help me with this, i am going to be building a telecaster up, based on the one John Du Cann , from Atomic rooster used , i shall be using the project bodies you can get offline, first the scratchplate doenst just look like a stanbdard tortious shell one,also , also does anyone have any ideas for a good neck pickup to get a good classic tone for the atomic rooster sound?
The guitar can be seen with him aplying it here in 1979 -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OswhfGq-gbw
thanks
i think it would be a nice make. but if you want to really change your tone i would get a more appropiate amp first.

if you want to build the guitar, look around on websites that sell guitar stuff like guitarfetish, allparts, warmoth, stewmac, etc. you can buy necks and stuff from ebay too, or just get a cheap mexican tele and mod it a lot. for the weird pickguard, you could search on sites for pickguard blanks and cut the shape yourself.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
thanks ,some good dieas there, as far as the amp thing goes i think im using the right stuff anyhow ,a line 6 flextone 3 ,as you probably nkow thyere based on all the old amps from different makes of the 60's and 70's..
Quote by RNR guitars
thanks ,some good dieas there, as far as the amp thing goes i think im using the right stuff anyhow ,a line 6 flextone 3 ,as you probably nkow thyere based on all the old amps from different makes of the 60's and 70's..

hey man, did you ever do the build? john du cann is one of my favourite guitarists and id love to see someone's version of his tele. What neck pickup did you use?