Poll: Which guitar is more worth the price?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar is more worth the price?
Fender Squier Bullet Strat
6 55%
Dean Vendetta XM
5 45%
Voters: 11.
Sorry for keep making threads like this but I really want to be sure lol. Some people have been saying a Squier Bullet Strat is better than a Dean Vendetta XM. Some say the opposite. On this website called music123.com the Squier is 20 bucks more than the Dean Vendetta XM. But is it really 20 bucks better than the Dean Vendetta XM? Or is the Dean Vendetta XM better than the Squier?

Oh and one question about the Squier, it comes with a temolo bar, I heard with Ibanez guitars that if you use them a lot they go out of tune, is this true with the Squier, or can I use it a lot?

Fender Squier Bullet Strat: http://www.music123.com/Squier-Bullet-Strat-with-Tremolo-517304-i1385540.Music123

Dean Vendetta XM: http://www.music123.com/Dean-Vendetta-XM-Electric-Guitar-512150-i1147572.Music123
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
use your old thread. *reported*

and don't get the bullet, get the affinity

NOO don't report me!!! I felt that thread had a different purpose this one is comparing them which one is worth it more and the other thread was about how good the Squier was. I deleted that old thread and I haven't done anything wrong

But thanks for your contribution.
I personally would go with the Dean. Is this your first guitar? If so, a tremolo bar is not always a good idea. They can be high maintenance and need to be set up correctly. Also, when you change strings, you have to unlock the nuts and it makes it a more painful process. You also have to unlock the nuts when you want to change tuning. (although maybe that's just with a floyd rose. I'm sure this is similar though)

So, with that being said, the Dean is good, and seems like a better choice. If you like strats, save up for a real one while you practice with this guitar.
Quote by Scissortooth
I personally would go with the Dean. Is this your first guitar? If so, a tremolo bar is not always a good idea. They can be high maintenance and need to be set up correctly. Also, when you change strings, you have to unlock the nuts and it makes it a more painful process. You also have to unlock the nuts when you want to change tuning. (although maybe that's just with a floyd rose. I'm sure this is similar though)

So, with that being said, the Dean is good, and seems like a better choice. If you like strats, save up for a real one while you practice with this guitar.

Yes, this is my first guitar, is the Dean really all that good? A few of my friends said that the company sucks, and I can't really try it out because my local guitar center doesn't have any deans in stock at this moment.
Quote by Scissortooth

no dude... not even close to similar. the squire bullet has a 2 point synchronized vintage bridge. there is no lock involved at all. it is no more difficult to change than a hard tail.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
no dude... not even close to similar. the squire bullet has a 2 point synchronized vintage bridge. there is no lock involved at all. it is no more difficult to change than a hard tail.

So is the Dean Vendetta XM really that bad? It's 20 bucks cheaper than the Squier Bullet Strat.
Quote by dsan224
So is the Dean Vendetta XM really that bad? It's 20 bucks cheaper than the Squier Bullet Strat.

i HATE the vendetta. I'd take the squire any day of the week. in the world of guitar, $20 is absolutely nothing. a pack of 12-string strings costs that much. don't be trying to save $20 because that's not even chump change. in fact the entire "$20 better" means absolutely nothing. $20 is so minute in the guitar world that it might as well not be any difference at all. trying to save $20 on a guitar is like trying to 3 cents at a 5 star restaurant. $20 isn't even going to cover the cost of a pack of strings and some picks.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Sep 29, 2009,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

I was unsure. thanks for clearing that up.

EDIT: But, it can still make him have problems with his guitar going out of tune. That can be really annoying, especially for a beginner.
Last edited by Scissortooth at Sep 29, 2009,
Quote by dsan224
Yes, this is my first guitar, is the Dean really all that good? A few of my friends said that the company sucks, and I can't really try it out because my local guitar center doesn't have any deans in stock at this moment.

I haven't played either of these guitars, but it''s really a bad idea to buy a guitar without having tried it first. Other people's experiences are only so helpful

Yeah, if you're gonna get the Dean, at least wait until you can give it a play.
Official Member of the 'Fly your australian flag high club' for the really patriotic Australians: P.M Dire straits to join
the bottom line is, play them both and buy whichever one you like better. basing a decision like this on $20 is so ridiculous that i can't even stop ranting about it. guitar is one of the most expensive hobbies you can be involved in. i cannot stress to you enough that $20 is absolutely NOTHING. if it were a difference of $100, then you've got a decision to make. but $20 means they are pretty much exactly the same price.