Okay. So I haven't been to a concert in a while, blah blah, so I want to go to one.
This site that shows what's going on in my town has a map of the venue on the side and lists the different places.
Let's use this one as an example:
http://www.tickco.com/schedule/blink-182/october-1/

Is there basically no pit?
Like, just chairs everywhere or something?
Meaning there would be no mosh pit at that concert?

Because if that's the case, then that's pretty lame.
A concert where everyone sits in assigned spots?
I mean I'm sure there's plenty, but it isn't like this is classical music. I want a concert where I can jump around at and go crazy.
I don't really care if you 'got the concept' of it.
Yes, they're for enjoying music. And you don't have to mosh to jump up and down and dance and stuff.
I don't see why doing so sounds so horrible.
If I wanted to sit in a chair and listen to music I'd stay home.
I thought you went to concerts to see your favorite band/artist play live. I don't see how you can do that at home.
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
I saw blink when they were in phoenix. You'll jizz in your pants even if you just stand there and sing along
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
Quote by PinoyxRockar
I thought you went to concerts to see your favorite band/artist play live. I don't see how you can do that at home.

I appreciate the extra spam.
Would someone be able to answer my question?
There's a section a bit further down that says PIT but i'm not too sure.
And I've never been to a concert where I was sitting down before, it's much more fun to move around.
Quote by TechnicolorType
I don't really care if you 'got the concept' of it.

Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by bloodsugar
There's a section a bit further down that says PIT but i'm not too sure.
And I've never been to a concert where I was sitting down before, it's much more fun to move around.

Where?
Some of the concerts on this site have the option for "pit" but I don't see that for this one.
And neither have I, but I've seen pictures of venues that just had rows of seats. =\
Did you look closely at the picture? It shows the alternate placing if there's a pit at the concert. Otherwise, I guess there isn't any.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

If the artist you interested in is playing a stadium (which I am assuming from the Blink 182 link) then there will probably be sitting and standing room. It all depends on the layout of the stadium though. I can't really tell if this is indoors or outdoors or what not. My assumption would be (if its a stadium) that the sections 1, 2, and 3 would be standing room and the others would be seating. Picture a baseball field. People stand in the field, and watch from seats around.

That said, I know someone who has seen KISS at an outdoor event; and the layout was similar, except everything was standing. It was a mass of standing room, then you get to the grass (which is generally really cheap).

Anyways, if the music is more aggressive and meant for teenagers; it is probably going to have standing room. That is a fair guess. If you're really not sure call the place where the event is being held.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
The lawn will be standing and the first three sections near the stage will be standing. They only give them rows and evrything to make sure they dont oversell spots.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
basically that venue doesn't have a floor. It's all seats like a theatre.
So you'll just be sitting there......
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!