Ok so recently I've been realizing that when I first start playing, my bridge pickup sounds very weak and tinny, this also happens when I go from neck to bridge, it sounds very weak. It usually only lasts for a couple minutes like it's warming up or something? I have no clue. I've never had this problem before until just recently and was wondering if UG knows what's wrong with my guitar. Any help? Thanks.

and I have a G400 with Alnico V's if you're wondering...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
bump?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Loose solder or a bad pickup switch. If you know anything about working on these sorts of things, take it apart and look at it's guts. Maybe a bad jack.
Quote by Flying Couch
Loose solder or a bad pickup switch. Maybe a bad jack.

I really don't think it's the jack because it's only temporary and the rythym pickup works fine. It could be a wire or something but I don't know anything about that stuff
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Your best bet will probably be to take it into your local shop and have a pro look at it. Fixing wiring is usually pretty cheap, unless your pickups themselves are bad, in which case it can get a little spendy, having to buy new pickups and all.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
sound like a loose wire or possible a bad selector switch.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Don't get too extreme yet, Open it up and look around. If it all looks good without loose wires then clean the pots and pickup selector with cleaner first before you take anything off. Then you can desolder. In both parts don't forget an old T shirt to catch dirt, cleaner and solder.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Sep 29, 2009,