im looking at a guitar. its an ibanez, but i dont know much more. the man in the shop says it was made in the late 80's to the early 90's, but couldnt tell me a model. can anyone tell me what it could be? it looked kind of like the RGA style, but an extra pickup.. the pickups said IBZ V2, which i assumed stood for Ibanez version 2. he asked about $250, if that helps. i also want to know if its worth buying really.

also first time posting, so if i did anything wrong or that i shouldnt have, tell me. thanks guys.

like this? the description you gave is really really vague, but thats what it sounded like to me. the guitar i posted was an RG570. was the bridge a floating tremolo? ibanez stock pickups are usually dimarzio IBZ's. they're USA made dimarzio's made especially for ibanez guitars.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16

like this? the description you gave is really really vague, but thats what it sounded like to me. the guitar i posted was an RG570. was the bridge a floating tremolo? ibanez stock pickups are usually dimarzio IBZ's. they're USA made dimarzio's made especially for ibanez guitars.

careful though TS, it could just as easily be a crappier model that looks pretty much identical but has a **** trem
pics
or ask the guy what whammy bar system he has on it
if its anything above a edge 3 then buy it
Thats what i hate about rg shaped ibanezs they all look the same!!!!
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by edge11

I've never sigged anyone on UG before.

Until now.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
what the person a few posts above me meant about being higher than an edge 3 is anything lower haha basically an original edge and edge pro are ok. my guess is a late 80's or early 90's ibanez would have an original edge on it.

i don't even think they had an edge 3 then. at the very worst it might be a vintage trem, like on an old Roadstar.

anyway you should be alright. but definitely try before you buy, and ask him what the exact model is.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
what the person a few posts above me meant about being higher than an edge 3 is anything lower haha basically an original edge and edge pro are ok. my guess is a late 80's or early 90's ibanez would have an original edge on it.

i don't even think they had an edge 3 then. at the very worst it might be a vintage trem, like on an old Roadstar.

anyway you should be alright. but definitely try before you buy, and ask him what the exact model is.

yeah if its old it won't be an edge 3 but an equally crappy lo-trs II or something like that, i forget exactly what they're called
Quote by edge11

that`s going in the dumbest thing a guitarist has told you about guitars thread
Quote by LifeIsABullet16

It wont have an Edge 3, they came in 2003-4ish. Old Roadsters had an ok or a great trem, the oldest ones had the Pro Rock'r and newer ones had the Original Edge. At the very worst it could have a Lo TRS, which are even worse than the Edge 3.
yes! that first pic was exactly like the one i was looking at, right to the bridge. front and back. i didnt open the back, but it was like that. thanks so much bullet16. ill check on that bridge to see if its anything good. again, thanks so much.
I'd check for a serial number so you can date it, and then check Ibanez Rules for catalogues for the original specs.
Quote by littlephil
Pro Rock'r and newer ones had the Original Edge

yes! the pro rock'r! thats what i couldn't think of haha thank you.

Quote by ibanezgod1973
that`s going in the dumbest thing a guitarist has told you about guitars thread

I mean they all have a similar feel/ look , i cant tell a good one from a sucky one at mere sight or without looking at the headstock to see a model number.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by Pac_man0123
Yeah and i hate how every Les Paul shaped Gibson looks the same! It's so frustrating!

yes but you can easy tell them apart quality wise by sight easily.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33