1)so my string just broke on my acoustic and was wondering if i could my electric guitar strings on it,i know steel on a classical is bad,but how about electric strings on an acoustic? (for the first string)

2) how the hell do i get the bridge pin out of its socket!?

edit: nevermind,i got the pin out

edit again : 3)when i asked the guy at the guitar shop to change my 1st string a while back,he was out of stock but said the 2nd would do fine and not damage the guitar,is that true?
Last edited by exmorbid at Sep 29, 2009,
1) Yes electric strings will work fine for the meantime. The difference when using just one of them will be unnoticeable.

3) He's correct that it most likely wont cause any damage, but it is scarier than hell tuning a B string up 2 and a half steps. God help you if your fingers are in the area if it decides to give up the ghost. It will also feel like a suspension bridge cable when you play with it. If you must play, it will do temporarily.

In the future, always keep a spare set around. Chances are, if one string goes from old age, the others aren't in the best shape either. It's best to do them all at once.
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Sep 29, 2009,
Quote by GC Shred Off

3) He's correct that it most likely wont cause any damage, but it is scarier than hell tuning a B string up 2 and a half steps. God help you if your fingers are in the area if it decides to give up the ghost. It will also feel like a suspension bridge cable when you play with it. If you must play, it will do temporarily.

it just did and made my knuckle bleed.
i thought it could resist a whole tone,guess not.