So two years ago I bought my first guitar for $150. A acoustic fender, no pickups. A few months ago I found out it was around 30 to 40 years old and worth much more than $150.

It goes out of tune A LOT. I don't mean once an hour. I mean after every song I play at least one string will go out of tune. Also, the high e and b strings make a weird noise when played on certain frets. Not a buzz, hard to describe. Any advice on fixing these problems?
And secondly, are the tuners corroded to hell or otherwise damaged? They could very well be slipping.

And include pictures please...
Change the strings. If that doesn't work, replace the tuners.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I had the tuners and gears replaced. But the guy said since it was so old he had no permanent solution.
Quote by Justin_Clark
I had the tuners and gears replaced. But the guy said since it was so old he had no permanent solution.

Being old doesn't make a guitar impossible to keep in tune. I suspect he may not have any idea what he's doing if he makes comments like that. What tuners did he replace the old ones with, and more importantly, did he do it correctly? Are there any rattling sounds coming from the headstock? Do the knobs turn really easily when you tune your guitar?
What he said was the ones he put on would wear down as well. The nut is super glued in or something because I tried that already. I'm not sure the exact type of tuners but they look nice. A few turn easy and the rest are really hard to turn.
Quote by Justin_Clark
What he said was the ones he put on would wear down as well. The nut is super glued in or something because I tried that already. I'm not sure the exact type of tuners but they look nice. A few turn easy and the rest are really hard to turn.

It sounds to me like he installed a cheap crap set of tuners if some of them are easy and some are hard to turn. You can get a good quality set of tuners for around $50.
I came here because I was desperate. I took it and had five very good techs look at it and they could only tell me that it may be the nut. Which is super glued on.
Thanks. I didn't know that. I didn't want them pulling it off and breaking the guitar. But now I think I will make the drive to get it fixed.
I agree with David Collins. Just because a guitar is old doesn't mean it won't stay in tune. Some of the most sought after instruments are old vintage stuff. I have a Harmony acoustic made in the early 60's and it stays in tune just as good if not better than my electric guitars. A GOOD tech that knows what he is doing will be able to take a look over the guitar and find your problem. He won't just say "its old".