I had to read it for english class, and I thought it was actually pretty good. It reminded me a beat a little bit. Anyways, I have to do a project on it, so I decided to perform a song. Problem is, I was gonna do Parfum by Django Reinhardt which I think kinda gives the atmosphere of the book, but I can't find tabs for it. Any other songs which would work? I gotta do it on my acoustic and I can sing (badly) if I need to. Jazz would be nice.
Any suggestions?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
That book is awesome and yeah you should probably just make a rap out of it that would be easy.
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
Isn't the Sun Also Rises set in Italy? Maybe do an Italian folk song, although gypsy jazz/ Django is a great idea too.
Quote by st.stephen
Isn't the Sun Also Rises set in Italy? Maybe do an Italian folk song, although gypsy jazz/ Django is a great idea too.

its in the basque country northern spain.

play some flamenco...even tho its not actually basque (and most basques HATE being associated with spain)
Quote by neozeke
Play gypsy punk like Gogol Bordello!

Great idea. But, hmm which song...

Oh and I would rap it, but our presentation can only be 5 minutes and its a fairly long book.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Quote by Zoot Allures
Do another django song? there's lots similar to parfum or at least kind of similar

Hold on, why not just improvise in the same style?

Okay, can you give me some more songs that would sound decent solo.
Oh and I would is improvise cept he was a genius and I is a white dude from Ohio who can barely play Back in Black (exaggeration but you get the point.)
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group