Hi! I'm planning on playing a lot more shows now, and setting up tiny little patch cables and whole bunch of pedals just isn't working for me, so I decided to have one entire rack setup. The thing is, I don't have the slightest clue on what brands are good, what is not good, etc, so UG is where I turn to .

My budget would have to be $100-200 per rack and yes, I am willing to go used (i'm so used to this phrase from asking for amp advice )

So what would be the best

a) EQ rack
b) Tuner
c) Noise Gate

(I'm going to get all three eventually, but I'm more focused on the EQ for now.)

and also last question; is there such thing as an "overdrive" rack? I love the sound that overdrive pedals (bad monkey, tubescreamer) do to your overall sound, how it boosts it up and tightens it up, so are there "overdrive" racks?

Thank you!
b) Behringer
c) Rocktron Hush
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
Gemma Atkinson has one of the best racks.........

o wai-

for EQ= a DBX is koo
for a Tuner = Korg DTR1000
Noise Gate = ISP
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I think boss used to make a rack overdrive, the ROD-10, but it'd be pretty hard to find.

The closest thing to a rack "overdrive" would be a rack mount preamp used for overdrive purposes.

A peavy rockmaster might be an option. It's essentially the preamp of a peavey ultra.
Get a rack mounted ISP for the noise. If you can't afford that then get the pedal version and stick it in a 2U rack drawer.
Quote by mespinos
Get a rack mounted ISP for the noise. If you can't afford that then get the pedal version and stick it in a 2U rack drawer.

Yeah, noise gate is not a thing you'd like to turn on off on the fly...
only if its a ****ty boss
isp wont give him trouble
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
Quote by GuitarUser
Yeah, noise gate is not a thing you'd like to turn on off on the fly...
only if its a ****ty boss
isp wont give him trouble

I switch my ISP on an off quite frequently. I dont care what anyone says, ANY noise gate will cut sustain..so on slower leads i'll tap it off. I only keep mine at -40db as well, which isn't even halfway.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
EQ? - BBE Sonic Maximizer....
Tuner? - Korg DTR-100
Noise Supressor? - ISP Decimator.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Gemma Atkinson has one of the best racks.........

+1 the thread title is misleading ... I was somewhat dissapointed after realising what the thread is really about
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

DBX 215 should be more that enough for your needs, pretty good value for money too considering its pretty much the same price an MXR 10 band pedal but you get a 2 x 15 band eq.

Shame theres no foot/midi/relay switchability.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Why not just get a pedalboard (or make one) and be done with it?
Quote by Yahto Sun

BOOYEAH !!!
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.