Im wanting to build a new guitar one step at a time and track my progress on here. Im thinking either an SG or V-Style with a whammy bar. I play Progressive, 80's Metal, and Classic Rock if that matters any.

Part 1:

Where can i get some free schematics?

What is a good type of wood to use?
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX
Eleca Les Paul
Esteban Acoustic/Electric Steel String
60's model Univox Electric 12-String
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Dunlop MXR Wylde Overdrive
Esteban G-10 Amp
Dean Markley K-50 Amp
Unless you're already knowledgeable about guitar building, then I suggest you get some books first. Schematics, as in plans, are going to cost money. You can get templates (just the shape to cut out) for free on this site. This thread's good. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1190193
SG's are made of mahogany, BUT, check out this thread too. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1052639
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

schematics for what? for the electronic wiring? if so, then the SG would be standard 2 vol, 2 tone, 2 HB wiring. for the V, it depends on your preference since you didnt state where you wanted an RR or a king v or a flying v or whatever.
thanks salsawords. Any books you would recommend?

Luxifer: i was talking about the schematics for the wood. ex. how wide and deep the pickup slots are.

Im probably gonna try a Walnut King V because it looks easier.
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX
Eleca Les Paul
Esteban Acoustic/Electric Steel String
60's model Univox Electric 12-String
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Dunlop MXR Wylde Overdrive
Esteban G-10 Amp
Dean Markley K-50 Amp
Everybody around here says to get Make Your Own Electric Guitar by Melvyn Hiscock. You can find templates for the pickup routes (and whatever else you'd need to route) on the internet. There's a download that contains them, but I can't remember the link. I'll post it if I can find it.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Someone has to say it: Hehe... hiscock.

Anyway,
I would look for templates from one of the two threads on here. I don't know if you can still download from the old template thread.
Just get those, calculate the rest. Or, if you'd like, you can get a professional blueprint for a guitar of one sort or another. Stewmac has a couple, so does LMI.

Read as much as you can, learn from builds that are recorded on here. Think before you do ANYTHING.

Have a sizzlin' day,
AJ
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster