im looking at buying a fender deluxe reverb.i have played it and love how the amp plays,amazing cleans

what i want to know is how well will it handle overdrive/distortion from pedals?
guitar tone im looking for is.

david gilmore
jonny lang
srv
kws
garry moore

i have been doing tons of reading but i cant find much on it other then cleans.
Last edited by cjmrcjmr at Sep 29, 2009,
Fenders do really well with pedals. Toss a Tube Screamer in front of the amp and it will sound great for that SRV tone you are after.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Like slash4114 said Fender's take pedals well. They are generally lacking in the OD department, but thats nothing a nice pedal can't fix
Quote by slash4114
Fenders do really well with pedals. Toss a Tube Screamer in front of the amp and it will sound great for that SRV tone you are after.

what about pink floyd and david gilmore stuff?or is that asking too much.

glad to hear they take pedals well
i know a ton of you guys use this amp.will it get dirty enough for kws and gary moore style blues?with a pedal.

please let me know.
thank you
It's a small enough amp that you can probably crank it for some natural overdrive. Need anymore, and a good tubescreamer or clone will do the trick for your SRV, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, etc.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Be aware, it won't sound good. Here's the reason:

The deluxe doesn't have a bright switch like the Twin Reverb. The channel 1 is like having the bright switch off. Channel 2 is like having the bright channel on.

The problem (which I know well because I have a Twin) is that any OD or distortion or fuzz sounds like **** with the bright switch on (channel 2 on the deluxe). The problem is that if you want OD then don't plug in channel 2 and play without reverb as it is only on channel 2. Hope that makes sense.

edit: The Fulldrive 2 Mosfet by Fulltone is very good. You can get a wide range of sound with all the knobs and switches.

By david gilmore I suppose you're talking about David Gilmour from Pink Floyd. Look at the BYOC Large Beaver Triangle it sounds very much like his distortion (if you're playing without that nasty bright switch on )
Last edited by antoine2055 at Oct 2, 2009,
i never knew that.thanks alot,and yes i understand what you ment.i guess i will be jammin without reverb
Or you could mod it. I heard it's only a little cap you need to remove. You could just cut one side so if you ever want to put it back it won't be complicated or you could install a little switch.
Just because someone on the internet says something won't sound good doesn't mean its true dude. Tone is in the ears of the beholder.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
could most music shop mod a bright switch onto this amp?what options do i have?thanks again you guys are great.
I'd go try an amp out before you worry about mods and stuff. For all you know at this point, you might like the amp just as it is stock.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray