So, I have an old Epiphone SG from when I started learning how to play but about a year ago or so my roommate broke the input jack. Not as in a simple wiring kind of break, but a full on hit it and broke the wood holding it in the guitar. Now there's a pretty gaping hole where the input jack used to sit. It still works electronically, but you have to plug the cable into the loose input jack that just dangles out the guitar.

Its not my main guitar and I haven't played it since I bought a Tele, but I would like to fix it and do some work on the guitar. How would I go about fixing this gaping hole? What are your guys' suggestions?

Thanks
Gear:
Fender StandardTelecaster
Fender Standard Precision Bass
1975 Fender Vibro Champ
Danelectro FabTone
BOSS DD-6
EHX Nano Clone
Dunlop Crybaby
did you write that in a different font? it looks weird....

anyways,find some titebond original or epoxy and glue the wood back on (use plenty of clamps, may need slight refinishing in that area too, or maybe the whole guitar depending on how big/severe the break is.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
pics? it would help
Gear
2009 Schecter Solo 6 DSG limited 1 of 50 in the USA
Ovation Celebrity
TC Electronic: Polytune
Digitech RP355 Multieffects Pedal
Quote by HeyItsChenny
thank you very much, Seaweed
Pics please.

I'd probably attach a metal plate for the jack.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Remove wiring and jack, plug hole with wood of same type as body (cut several narrow wedges and tap them in), remove excess and sand flush, secure with epoxy with colloidal silica, leave for about a day just to be on the safe side, redrill hole for jack, refinish body or get a plastic covering to fit over the area (with hole for jack, match pick guard), predrill holes for screws and screw in, reconnect wiring and reaffix jack.
Last edited by jfreyvogel at Sep 30, 2009,
Quote by jfreyvogel
Remove wiring and jack, plug hole with wood of same type as body (cut several narrow wedges and tap them in), remove excess and sand flush, secure with epoxy with colloidal silica, leave for about a day just to be on the safe side, redrill hole for jack, refinish body or get a plastic covering to fit over the area (with hole for jack, match pick guard), predrill holes for screws and screw in, reconnect wiring and reaffix jack.
Yeah, that sounds good.

... or just enlarge the hole and use something like this:

(Invalid img)

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I think this would look better on an SG than strat style, but again, this depends on the severity of the break

R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
I had never thought of using a Strat style input jack, that might just be a great idea. I think I'll give that a shot. Thanks.
Gear:
Fender StandardTelecaster
Fender Standard Precision Bass
1975 Fender Vibro Champ
Danelectro FabTone
BOSS DD-6
EHX Nano Clone
Dunlop Crybaby