Hey everyone, I'm looking into buying my first tube amp, and I've heard a lot of good things about the Tiny Terror. Its in my price range, and it seems like a big step up from my MG.

My only concern is the lack of an effects loop. I have a delay pedal, and a chorus pedal that I use a lot (Digitech Hardwire line). Will these sound okay in the preamp? Or is it vital that I get an amp with an effects loop?

Thanks in advance!
Although I do agree that you should upgrade your amp, IMO the TT is nothing special - It's pretty muddy and lifeless.

What styles do you play (throw some bands out there)

What's your budget?

Would you be willing to buy used? (If so, where are you on the globe - for the purpose of searching craigslist and similar sites).

Are you looking for a head/cab or a combo? (often times the combo is significantly cheaper or you can find a better combo amp for the same price as the head/cab you would be looking at).

What other gear are you using?
Hey, thanks for the response.

I play kind of bluesy rock (Guns N' Roses'ish...which is why i thought the TT would be nice). Nothing ultra heavy.

I want a head and cab, and my budget is around $1000. I'm in SF Bay Area California.

I've got a Gibson Les Paul Classic that is only a couple of years old, a Slash Wah, Hardwire Valve Distortion Pedal, Hardwire Delay, and Hardwire Chorus.

I would like to avoid used if possible, as I have had a lot of bad luck with used gear. I will buy used if necessary though.
One thing that I forgot to mention - is this more for bedroom use, jamming with friends, gigging, or a mixture of the three?

You may want to look into something along the lines of a Blackheart Handsome Devil if you're on the lower wattage end or something like a Peavey Classic 30 if you need a bit more power. Either one would handle a gig if mic'ed, the Peavey would obviously have more headroom though.
I don't gig yet, but I am trying to get a band going, so I would want an amp that will work for gigs eventually.

Right now, its just for bedroom use, and recording.
Peavey classic 30 + sm 57 or copy for your sound
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
Quote by GuitarUser
Peavey classic 30 + sm 57 or copy for your sound

I'll look into it, thanks dude
Laney AOR or if you can keep an eye out for a JCM800 combo.

either one will do way better than the C30 with a boost
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
Laney AOR or if you can keep an eye out for a JCM800 combo.

either one will do way better than the C30 with a boost

Well of course, seeing as Slash uses two JCM800s (one for clean and one for dirt). I was just making low power suggestions because I wasn't sure what the TS wanted in terms of power.
you can get the Laney AOR in a 30w IIRC

and IIRC the 800s have a half power switch so they go down to 25 watts
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
It should be low power...slightly uptight neighborhood, so extremely loud playing doesn't fly.
Quote by SLonergan
It should be low power...slightly uptight neighborhood, so extremely loud playing doesn't fly.

How loud is loud??

Low watt tube amps are still really freakin loud - so you may want to be careful.
Oh I just skimmed and saw $1000 and blues.
I don't know why he would restrict himself.
Quote by SLonergan
I would like to avoid used if possible, as I have had a lot of bad luck with used gear. I will buy used if necessary though.

Actually, he'd like to avoid. Buying used gear does carry risks and I think he got the short end of the business stick one too many times to trust used gear readily.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Actually, he'd like to avoid. Buying used gear does carry risks and I think he got the short end of the business stick one too many times to trust used gear readily.

Well 6 of one, half a dozen of the other (or however that saying goes). The TS was pretty much implying that he doesn't want to go used.

Sorry if I seem a bit hostile or anything - I've been drinking tonight.
If think if you can play the gear you should be okay TS. But as for new, consider the Mesa Express, Blackheart Little Giant, Vox AC30 (I'm not sure about price but you can get one from Musicians Friend when they run a sale) and maybe an Egnater Rebel 30.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Sorry if I seem a bit hostile or anything - I've been drinking tonight.

Haha, yeah you seemed a little more volatile than normal.

On track.

Egnater 20?
Krank Rev Jr? (Not the Pro mind you)
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.