i'm gonna pick up a Fryette Pittbull Ultra-Lead pretty soon (hopefully).
has anyone tried both Port City 2x12 and Fryette Fatbottom 2x12?
i need advice in buying a speaker cab.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
How much are you willing to spend?

Companies like Avatar and Vadar make cabs that are, in some cases, better than cabs made by big name companies.
^ 800 bucks. (Fatbottom costs $799 so...i guess that's the max i'm willing to spend)
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Have a look at Avatar cabs - www.avatarspeakers.com - their 2x12's start at $349 + shipping and go up to $429 + shipping (depending on the model) and they will let you choose from a selection of Celestion and Hellatone (their brand) of speakers.

Also have a look at Vader cabs - their 2X12s will cost $469 and are great for heavier styles of music but will sound good with just about any style of music (they use modeling speakers so they are designed to sound good with anything).

Mind you, these are just suggestions and you are open to explore any company you wish - you may find something that you like better than these two companies.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Have a look at Avatar cabs - www.avatarspeakers.com - their 2x12's start at $349 + shipping and go up to $429 + shipping (depending on the model) and they will let you choose from a selection of Celestion and Hellatone (their brand) of speakers.

Also have a look at Vader cabs - their 2X12s will cost $469 and are great for heavier styles of music but will sound good with just about any style of music (they use modeling speakers so they are designed to sound good with anything).

Mind you, these are just suggestions and you are open to explore any company you wish - you may find something that you like better than these two companies.

Are you serious? He just said he was picking up a VHT Pitbull Ultra-Lead....a $3200 amp.....please don't suggest Avatar ever again for something like this....don't get me wrong, great cabs...but not underneath an amp like that....

The Port City's are amazing cabinets however, and are very recommended by Peter Thorn personally...not from endorsement money.... I also like the idea of a Vader.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
The Port City cabs are very nice, quite neutral. Vader, Mills Acoustics, Redstar, Custom Audio Electronics, Framus, Splawn, Bogner and Genz Benz are all well worth looking into.
I'd also look into Mills Acoustic cabinets. Heard nothing but greatness from these.
WTLTL 2011
VHT Fatbottom sounds fantastic. The Port City cab has a bigger sound to it, and they are made nearby. Great people and good stuff
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge