I'm sick of iTunes 9 just lagging everywhere and generally being unusable and want to have a go at them.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by JayPresto
Are you using iTunes on a PC?
iTunes sucks on PC

Well why should it suck? Theyre paying people to write software, not software which runs exclusively on one type of machine.

If I designed a car, but it would only drive on one type of road surface, it would not be acceptable.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Open your window and yell
I miss Morbid, the metal forum sucks now
Umm... it works fine for me. What are your specs? Because it's working very well with 2GB of RAM and a 2Ghz Core 2 Duo T7200.
Official Member of the 'Fly your australian flag high club' for the really patriotic Australians: P.M Dire straits to join
Quote by baddog144
Umm... it works fine for me. What are your specs? Because it's working very well with 2GB of RAM and a 2Ghz Core 2 Duo T7200.

2GB of RAM and a 2Ghz AMD Sempron 2800+

/badcomputer

The ram should handle it though.

Quote by EndTheRapture51

/badcomputer

Eh, that's a pretty low-end CPU. RAM will only get you so far. If you need iTunes, you'll be able to find an older version by looking around. If you're not tied to iTunes, you could investigate a different option like foobar2000.
Official Member of the 'Fly your australian flag high club' for the really patriotic Australians: P.M Dire straits to join
Quote by EndTheRapture51

/badcomputer

It's working fine on mine, and if i remember corectly i've only got 512MB of RAM.

Oh hang on ,it's not 9, it's the one just before it though...

On second thoughts, my lack of computer knowledge should mostl ikely be ignored
Last edited by Telecaster7 at Sep 30, 2009,
Quote by baddog144
Eh, that's a pretty low-end CPU. RAM will only get you so far. If you need iTunes, you'll be able to find an older version by looking around. If you're not tied to iTunes, you could investigate a different option like foobar2000.

I'm tied to iTunes due to my usage of the iPod Touch.

And anyway....Apple says the minimum requirements is a 1GHz processor, and mine is above that, so why do lie and not have it run effectively on a processor over the limit? D:

Quote by EndTheRapture51

And anyway....Apple says the minimum requirements is a 1GHz processor, and mine is above that, so why do lie and not have it run effectively on a processor over the limit? D:

Hmmm. Are you sure there's nothing hogging CPU or RAM? Right click on the task bar down the bottom of the screen, and select "Start Task Manager" (or something similar). Then click on the Processes tab, and click Memory (up the top of that list). What's the largest number in that column?

Something might be stealing all your RAM and leaving none left for iTunes.
Quote by baddog144
Hmmm. Are you sure there's nothing hogging CPU or RAM? Right click on the task bar down the bottom of the screen, and select "Start Task Manager" (or something similar). Then click on the Processes tab, and click Memory (up the top of that list). What's the largest number in that column?

Something might be stealing all your RAM and leaving none left for iTunes.

Firefox is using 100,000k ish up, but it still says its like 40% of the CPU.

Quote by EndTheRapture51

It really depends. You're using an AMD, which are not as popular as Intel, which I assume is what the iTunes System Requirements would be referring to. AMD measure their CPU power differently to Intel. Kind of like how a Mac processor differs from a Windows one, despite being the same in GHz. Although, it probably isn't the problem, as I'm running a PC with 512MB of DDR400 and a 2.80GHz Intel Celeron D, and my iTunes runs fine.

Are you using iTunes with a large iPod? I know mine lags a lot when I have my iPod plugged in, mostly due to the size/the fact that it's full. (120GB all up.)

Quote by EndTheRapture51

40% CPU is never good. Normally it should stick close to 2% or 3%. Maybe close Firefox when you're using iTunes? I know how much memory Firefox hogs, especially if you'd had it open for a long time.
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Sep 30, 2009,
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Hmm, I dunno dude, sorry. Only thing I would suggest is downgrading to an earlier version if your iPod'll still work with an older version of iTunes
Use foobar2000. The fastest media player of them all, 100% customizable, and supports iPod sync and "drag/drop."

Or you could try J. River Media Center which is my favorite. I use it for music, video and iPod sync.

They're both fast and stable. iTunes for Windows is a joke. I have high-end specs, but it keeps crashing, because I have a music library at 240GB's...
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Last edited by BlisteringDDj at Sep 30, 2009,
Quote by pwnerer
Throw away your mac/uninstall all the apple programs/throw away your ipod and get a pc/all microsoft programs/Zune mp3 player.

Fixed.

Anyways, he's already using a PC.
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Last edited by BlisteringDDj at Sep 30, 2009,
Quote by pwnerer
Throw away your mac/uninstall all the apple programs/throw away your ipod and get a pc/non-mac programs/Creative mp3 player.

He's using a PC.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
uh itunes 9 is too good for your computer.

literally. Problem eats us a ton of ram/processing power

He has a 2ghz with 2 gb of ram

Is it really that consuming?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
He has a 2ghz with 2 gb of ram

Is it really that consuming?

its a 2ghz crappy processor. Like someone said above, RAM can only take you so far
Quote by jimmy_neutron
its a 2ghz crappy processor. Like someone said above, RAM can only take you so far

That's pretty odd, I remember being able to run winamp on a 450 mhz without problems
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
That's pretty odd, I remember being able to run winamp on a 450 mhz without problems

Probably a different style processor. Intel, AMD and Apple, all measure their processors in different ways, or so i have read.

Also, iTunes 9 is pretty heavy on memory, especially when you take it the account that it is feature laden. Combined with the fact, that itunes is a mac native app, so it isnt really ever gonna be "perfect" on windows... i reckon its understandable.

Itunes 9 runs fantastic in my 2GHz macbook, no sign of lagging or anything. But i have 2gb of DDR3 RAM, plus its an intel dual core processor
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Probably a different style processor. Intel, AMD and Apple, all measure their processors in different ways, or so i have read.

Also, iTunes 9 is pretty heavy on memory, especially when you take it the account that it is feature laden. Combined with the fact, that itunes is a mac native app, so it isnt really ever gonna be "perfect" on windows... i reckon its understandable.

Itunes 9 runs fantastic in my 2GHz macbook, no sign of lagging or anything. But i have 2gb of DDR3 RAM, plus its an intel dual core processor

Trust me on this, SPECS DON'T MATTER FOR ITUNES ON WINDOWS.
It runs great on a Mac, but it's poorly programmed for Windows. iTunes for Windows sucks, and there's nothing you can do to make it run smoothly.
C4C
(or in my profile!)

I guess you were trying to use iTunes for the manufacturing of nuclear weapons.
Whilst being semi tempted to post my mates phone number (he works for them)... I don't think I will. I can call him a dick for you though.

Itunes 9 shouldn't be lagging on a 2Ghz computer regardless. Reinstall is and see if it happens again.