I mainly play my Hellraiser, and I am wondering if I should get a second guitar I can use for different tunings in metal, as my Strat doesn't cut it at all.

I would probably have the Strat in E, Hellraiser in D and DFH in Drop C.

I played a DFH just over a year ago when I purchased my Hellraiser in America, and from what I remember it was a kickass instrument. Can anyone give me some more info or advice, maybe some other suggestions as to what I could buy?

UK only please, and my budget I wouldn't really want to exceed £500

Thanks dudes
What amp do you have?

If you have a good amp, have the money for it, and you liked it, then I'd go for it.

And if you know how to take care of a floyd and don't have a problem with them...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Random3
I mainly play my Hellraiser, and I am wondering if I should get a second guitar I can use for different tunings in metal, as my Strat doesn't cut it at all.

I think there is only you who can answer that one buddy.

If you want a second guitar with a different tuning and it would be useful to you then go for it... or if you are happy to keep re-tuning your current guitar and don't want to lash out for a new one...then don't get one....

I'm not being a nob but I don't know how else to answer that....
[
JayT44, I have a Peavey Valveking along with the pedals in my sig, and yeah I know how to adjust FR's.

Skuzzmo, the question was more if anyone had any other ideas other than the DFH, or if anyone has any more experience of the DFH. Sorry if it didn't come across that way

Also I noticed that the DFH has an LFR. Is this a huge difference from the OFR my Hellraiser has?
Last edited by Random3 at Sep 30, 2009,
Right first off its actually a pretty good guitar if you find one that plays right with you, sadly not all sound great as ive played afew of these and honestly they arent bad, but some of em were abit bad, but same with all guitar companies!!

The LFR is actually made by Grover so its nice but only aslong as u have it set up properly otherwise its actually a piece of junk. Overall i reckon you should play one first but last i heardthe price has gone up a shed load in the UK over £500. I think shops buy them in for that price now!! But ive not worked with a shop that sells deans for about 6 months so i dunno the prices atm.

But overall find one your happy with and go out and play some, a good site for em is MusicStreet, some of their staff arent really up to code on knowledge but they are helpful enough and will give you abit of discount on top
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs