Thinkin of buying a schecter hellraiser 7, this guitar has emg 707-TW pickups or somethin but im not a fan of actives or emg
I was wanderin how much work it would be to put in some SD's - the JB and 59 combo?

I want to no things like wether i would need routing, if the pots would need changin, etc...
Basically how much work would it take

Thanks in advance
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
Thinkin of buying a schecter hellraiser 7, this guitar has emg 707-TW pickups or somethin but im not a fan of actives or emg
I was wanderin how much work it would be to put in some SD's - the JB and 59 combo?

I want to no things like wether i would need routing, if the pots would need changin, etc...

Thanks in advance

I pretty much had to replace all the electronics when I went from jb/jazz to EMGs so I'm pretty sure you'd have to do the same going from EMGs to jb/59

I think you can keep the switch though.
WTLTL 2011
You'll need new pots. Actives use 25k pots, passive humbuckers typically use 500k pots.
I dont know how easy it will be to do though, 7 string EMG's are bigger than other 7 string pickups, the routs will have gaps around the edges.
Quote by mulefish

Thanks in advance

Why don't you just get the C-7 Blackjack? It comes stock with those pickups.
Quote by Amer91
Why don't you just get the C-7 Blackjack? It comes stock with those pickups.

no floyd

thanks for the replys guys
RIP Gooze

cats
TS, i was doing some e-stalking and i noticed you live in melbourne. I live in geelong :P (don't worry, i'm not a cats supporter). Where in melbourne are there C-7 Hellraisers? Because i am looking to buy one and Melbourne may be the closest place i can find them.
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Jacoiskoby
TS, i was doing some e-stalking and i noticed you live in melbourne. I live in geelong :P (don't worry, i'm not a cats supporter). Where in melbourne are there C-7 Hellraisers? Because i am looking to buy one and Melbourne may be the closest place i can find them.

Billy Hyde in Blackburn or Billy Hyde in Bendigo are the only places i no...
I actually live in between bendigo and Melbourne so its normally bendigo i go to but blackburn had a nice range last time i was there...
...crazy stalkers
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
Billy Hyde in Blackburn or Billy Hyde in Bendigo are the only places i no...
I actually live in between bendigo and Melbourne so its normally bendigo i go to but blackburn had a nice range last time i was there...
...crazy stalkers

Thanks soo much.

(sorry i don't know anything about changing pickups :P)
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
apart from pots, and the possible size difference is there anything else?
I heard on another thread that the bridge needs to be grounded for a TOM, but if it has a floyd does it need this?
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
apart from pots, and the possible size difference is there anything else?
I heard on another thread that the bridge needs to be grounded for a TOM, but if it has a floyd does it need this?

All guitars need the bridge grounded with passives. With a Floyd, the trem claw is where the ground wire goes.
Last edited by littlephil at Oct 1, 2009,
Quote by littlephil
All guitars need the bridge grounded with passives. With a Floyd, the trem claw is where the ground wire goes.

so with a floyd, i wouldnt need it grounded as it is already?
please elaborate, im a little slow today
RIP Gooze

cats
Since it has actives, I dont think it will be grounded. You'll need to run a wire from the back of the pots to the trem claw to ground it properly.