I have a Randall RG50 tube combo. Well it's a good amp for 500 € but really, the amp is too much metal for me. And now there's some weird thing that "razzles" when I play aswell, and even when the amp is off and I move the amp it razzles. I guess something is broken or just loose.

However, I'd like to change the tone a bit. So I don't know if I should a buy a completely new amp or jsut change the tubes and speaker for something more rock wise. I have a Dean V79, and to next summer I plan on buying a Fender Stratocaster or a Gibson/Epiphone Les Paul.

What should I do? New amp, or just mod it?

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
It depends. If you do know how to modify it to get the sound that you wanted then go or you could try other amps in guitar stores and decide if you're going to buy it or not.

Squier Standard Telecaster
Takamine EG-240

Guitar Effects:

Korg AX5G Muti-Effects Pedal
Boss DS-2
Boss DD-7

Read and follow my tumblog

Follow me on twitter
Quote by Ghold125
What kind of tone are you looking for?

Well.. a classic rock tone really eg. The Who, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin and so on.

procrastination: I don't know what tubes to put in, or speaker, that's why I asked you guys for help :p

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube