i had just added some pinstripe on my guitar with sharpie,but when i start to play it ,my elbow hits the pinstripe and it went off
so i had to remove all the pinstripes ,my 5 hours of work Gone.!!! it was really looking cool
So what should i use to add pinstripe on it ??? i have never done spray paint !!!Should i use acrylic paint with a paint brush ??? please guide me guys..
Last edited by COBHC912 at Sep 30, 2009,
you willl need somekinda clear cote over that.

there are sticked threads about this, check the central hub...
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Don't do any of that... you're going to ruin the finish/paint job of your guitar.
get some automotive paint and a clearcoat. automotive paint has many colors and you can change the colors at a paint store i'm pretty sure.
yea dont use any paint coz it vvill ruin the finish on ur guitar vvhat i have thought of doin and have seen done is tape masking tape and gaffa tape are good or try using a vvhite out tape. this is only my ideas and thoughts but feel free 2 do vvhat u vvant coz its not my guitar

hope this vvas helpful
to those saying "you'll ruin the finish" : no, he wont, as long as he does it right. although proper re-finishing might be more work than the TS is hoping...

TS: matt's right that youll need a clearcoat, and the GB&C central hub has a link to the "ULTIMATE painting and refinishing thread", which should be a good help.
and like lildude said, automotive paint is what you're looking for. but afaik, you can't get spray colours tinted. thers a pretty wide selection of colours, anyway..

you'll get the best finish if you scuff sand whole body, and do a complete re-paint and re-finish. but I dunno how much work you want to do..

so your first stop should be the painting and refinishing thread..
Last edited by james4 at Sep 30, 2009,
wow i have just learnt a new word "Clear coat" which will surely help me a lot !!!!thnxxxx a lot !!! u guys are great !!!
Quote by COBHC912
i had just added some pinstripe on my guitar with sharpie,but when i start to play it ,my elbow hits the pinstripe and it went off
so i had to remove all the pinstripes ,my 5 hours of work Gone.!!! it was really looking cool
So what should i use to add pinstripe on it ??? i have never done spray paint !!!Should i use acrylic paint with a paint brush ??? please guide me guys..
You can use Acrylic Colorcoat and Clearcoat:

Acrylic Water-based Paint Marker

If you don't want it to be permanent, but not rub off, you could get vinyl pinstriping tape from an automotive or boating store. You could stick it on and if you ever get tired of it, just remove it.
Last edited by Handgrenade at Sep 30, 2009,