I prefer to not look up the lyrics to songs I like, instead resorting to the hope that I'll one day be struck by an epiphany as to their meaning. Anyway, it's more fun when there's the whole mystery of not being sure the heck the lead singer is saying. Thus, I constantly rely on my own interpretation of the words. Whew!

What song lyrics did you hear incorrectly for ages but eventually realize the true nature of? There's no need to list any Fall Out Boy lyrics here. I don't think anyone's able to decipher them without the aid of a lyrics sheet.

I used to think that American Hi-Fi's Flavor Of The Weak was saying "his too-stoned Nintendo" instead of "he's too stoned / Nintendo", not that that makes much difference to the casual reader. o_0
for me the worst one is the searchbar song. by me.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
For some reason i have a hard time deciphering Cradle of Filth's lyrics. Silly me.

All in good fun, mates!
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
I dunno about misheard.. but if misunderstand lyrics.. there are lots of them... hahaha.. even songs from my own country I sometime could not make up what are the meaning of the song...

maybe I focus too much on the music...
Gorillaz 'get the cool shoe shine'

me = 'get da coo shoo shaaaa'
Quote by T.s.e
Anything by Nirvana.

Oh yeah. and i was always dissapointed to hear the actual lyrics

In Bloom: "Knows not what it means"

Me as a kid: "and All i Want is Pain"

I always loved that line, but then i learned the actual and lost some love for the song.