I recently found one of these cabs on kijiji for pretty cheap... but the thing is, I can't find any information online. What speakers are in this cab? And I'm guessing it was long discontinued...
Thanks in advance.
Gear
Ibanez JS1200
Agile 3000M w/ Emg 81/85
Takamine FP450SMC-SB
Peavey JSX w/ Saxon 2x12 (Eminence Governor's)
Line 6 M13
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez TS9DX
According to Google they have Celestion Vintage 30's so I'd say you are in good shape.

fficial&client=firefox-a">fficial&client=firefox-a">http://www.google.com/search?q=randall+r412cb&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a

Make sure your head will match ohm wise!
oh sorry I don't know if you misread of what... but it's an ampeg R412... not a randall! I got confused too in my searches. It is a 16ohm guitar cabinet I know that hah, and the one I'm looking at is stock, and is definately vintage (80's-90's). The owner has no idea what speakers are in them, so I'm trying to find out... and he's can't open it up (right now).
He is selling it for $350 (CDN) so if it has V30's or something similar, that will be awesome then!
But I doubt it.
Gear
Ibanez JS1200
Agile 3000M w/ Emg 81/85
Takamine FP450SMC-SB
Line 6 M13
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez TS9DX
WOW. Sorry dude. Totally missed that. I saw R412 and immediate thought of Randall.

Well, I'd tell him you're not buying squat without knowing what speakers are in there. Anyone else he talks to about it is going to ask the same question. Sounds like he is going to open her up and take a look, so that will help make your decision right there.

Also, maybe ask in the new Ampeg VH140 thread, some of those guys in there might know. Good luck.

Otherwise, Ampeg makes good quality stuff.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 30, 2009,
Oh don't worry, I'm not buying it until I even know what speakers are in there. He will take the back off tonight and find out.
Yeah I was looking for info too... and found the randal too, no big deal, don't worry about it!
And yeah, I'll ask in the ampeg thread.
Thanks!
Gear
Ibanez JS1200
Agile 3000M w/ Emg 81/85
Takamine FP450SMC-SB
Line 6 M13
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez TS9DX