Page 1 of 2
To anyone living there, is there actually a music scene where a talented musician can make it? I live in Australia at the moment and there is no music scene here except for this ****ty HXC hardcore. I like punk rock and metal, do I have a shot if I move to Cali? if not, where should I go?
London,

or Sheffield for that matter
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
I don't see why California wouldn't do it for you, simply because there's so many people there. Jut stay out of the desert... Oh, and it's really expensive to live in California.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Alot of good artists have gotten their breakthrough in northern Tibet.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Alot of good artists have gotten their breakthrough in northern Tibet.

Yeah, didn't the Beatles come from quite close to there?
-

dude. make your own scene. theres talented musicians everywhere. if everyone else is punk and metal, then come out with something original sounding and your set. moving to so cal is not gonna help you get famous.
crit my rhymes?:

Lets Get Drunk and Fuck.

Subtle Arrogance

Do you realize, that i can clearly see your clitoris through your jeans?

Quote by Shaepwnsyou
They're very religious, so they have butt sex to save their virginity.
Quote by blink_fan
To anyone living there, is there actually a music scene where a talented musician can make it? I live in Australia at the moment and there is no music scene here except for this ****ty HXC hardcore. I like punk rock and metal, do I have a shot if I move to Cali? if not, where should I go?

You may have heard of Los Angeles...
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Quote by Aléx
Yeah, didn't the Beatles come from quite close to there?

No, they're from the south. You're probably thinking of Led Zeppelin.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

No, they're clearly German, like their cousin the Hindenberg.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
No, they're clearly German, like their cousin the Hindenberg.

Which crashed in New Jersey, which is where Bob Seger is from
It all makes sense now!
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Australia has a great metal scene
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Kensai

Are you sure? I thought Zeppelin were English?
-

Let's hear some of your music. Then I'll be able to tell you whether you should move or not :/
Hi!

Sig Retired.
I'm guessing that you dont play hardcore then, which, in a scene full of hardcore, is probably a good thing. So, no, don't move, you've probably more chance of making it big where you live now, rather than moving where more people play your sort of music and you'll just get ignored.
If you like punk rock and metal, there is definitely a hardcore punk scene near you. I have a feeling you mean something different when you say hardcore. However, stop whining about there being no talented musicians, suck it up and look harder. I have a feeling you'll fin there are some awesome things going on in your area.
Quote by Just_Matt
Atta boy! *pats makefunoflucky and heads towards the rear...*
Quote by eazy-c
Australia has a great metal scene

lol no it doesn't, I live here. It's all hardcore music like parkway drive and Carpathian. Theres about a million I killed the prom queen clone bands here.
I just went to a Pour Habit show, they were supporting NOFX and Bad Religion on their tour out here. Their guitarist told me there's not much support for punk rock music in LA, but there is if you go further north.
lol @ dis town has such a bas scene ima move to holywood n get rele famous jus u wotch me bro
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
lol @ dis town has such a bas scene ima move to holywood n get rele famous jus u wotch me bro

Not going to correct the grammar, but you try wanting to live off your music when your whole area is ****. You'd move somewhere better too.
Quote by SteveHouse
I don't see why California wouldn't do it for you, simply because there's so many people there. Jut stay out of the desert... Oh, and it's really expensive to live in California.

Yes, it is very expensive to live in California. Come to the San Francisco Bay Area! We're better than those SoCal jackasses
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
My towns music scene is awful

All the people who should be involved think they are too good, all the people who want to be involved really suck.
Quote by namesroverrated
Yes, it is very expensive to live in California. Come to the San Francisco Bay Area! We're better than those SoCal jackasses

hey dude, you're hella lame.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
So Cal's music scene is all HXC bands and all that ****.

There is pretty much nothing new coming out here.

Move to Hesperia Cali and make a band with me, I need a guitarist to jam with

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Are you sure you want to move somewhere for the music scene? Sounds like you want to move to the other side of the world to become musically famous when, for probably 90% of people, never happens.
edgy meems only friendo :^)
Quote by thenextkirk92
Are you sure you want to move somewhere for the music scene? Sounds like you want to move to the other side of the world to become musically famous when, for probably 90% of people, never happens.

lol no. If I wanted to do that, I'd get a female singer and do pop music.
Quote by joshua122593
There's lots of indie bands here.

(Oh and I don't live in Tokyo; I live in Los Angeles)

God dammit, from what people on here have told me, it's exactly like a bigger version of Sydney. HXC and Indie. Where the hell do I go for Metal or Punk?

*flys to scandinavian countries*
Quote by blink_fan
God dammit, from what people on here have told me, it's exactly like a bigger version of Sydney. HXC and Indie. Where the hell do I go for Metal or Punk?

*flys to scandinavian countries*

dude just move to SoCal. a LOT of huge metal bands come from there.
Southern California has a crap load of bands coming out each week (Im one of them). Its really hard to stand out when theyre are so many musicians here. It would be a better idea to move to a town with a great music scene but a smaller population
Lifes a grave and I dig it!
Quote by Victor Escobar
Southern California has a crap load of bands coming out each week (Im one of them). Its really hard to stand out when theyre are so many musicians here. It would be a better idea to move to a town with a great music scene but a smaller population

whats your band called?
Quote by !normajean!
dude just move to SoCal. a LOT of huge metal bands come from there.

Megadeth and Metallica.

The underground music scene here is mainly composed of acoustic bands, indie, and thrash metal bands.
Quote by namesroverrated

Uh hey fuck you.

I wish I lived in the Bay Area.

The music scene in my area is a bunch of indie bands, ska bands, and douche bags with acoustics. Seems to be like that mostly everywhere around SoCal.
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

Page 1 of 2