Well it has got my attention and I was just wondering if there are any relatively cheap clones or amps based on it. Im in the UK btw.
Quote by ze monsta
A Silverface DR? They're much cheaper. That's what I'm hoping to pick up to replace my blues deluxe...

Ya or anything Silverface for that matter. A SF Champ would be great. If you're in Baltimore MD area, theres one on CL.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
A Hot Rod Deluxe probably comes closest on the cheap, unless you go used (e.g. silverface).

Many "clones" of the Deluxe Reverb are quite a bit more than a new one!
while we are on the subject. I played a Vintage 65 or 66 (dont remember now)Blackface Deluxe reverb yesterday at a vintage gear store in hollywood ca. It was amazing!!!! $2800 man. If i had the dough i would be playing it right now
Quote by Aidy Damage
Laney VC-30 210 - do it!

It might be worth checking out the new Bugera V22 as well.

Yes, I know both of these amps are EL84 based, but so is a Blues Junior, which is still Fender-ish in tone despite this.

Other than these, the guy on UG who makes amps (Rockmonkey? ) could probably make a great copy for you, but I don't know how mucbh you're willing to spend. Other than this, go used, and as said, go used Silverface.

EDIT: Okay, here's a couple of wildcards - the new Laney Cub 10 is 6v6 based, and the real wildcard, this is more of a joke actually but........

A Blackstar HT-5 on the US side of the ISF dial with low gain? FTW!!!!!11!!!!!1111!
Last edited by greggybhoy at Sep 30, 2009,
Fender Princeton?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
are you my twin or something? first you're planning on getting the valvepower, then you're looking at a deluxe reverb... i want a fendery amp too, and from what i hear, the DR is probably closest to what I want.

there's that rosewell amps dude who makes tweed deluxe clones, but the price went up recently (and I haven't tried them, either). His website says he'll make weber kits, and weber has a kit of a deluxe reverb, but i imagine that could end up costing more than the fender version. Or you could get martamp or someone like that to make you a clone, but again, probably won't be any cheaper than the fender one (though it'll be handwired).

If you find anyone making clones for cheaper, let me know.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
are you my twin or something? first you're planning on getting the valvepower, then you're looking at a deluxe reverb... i want a fendery amp too, and from what i hear, the DR is probably closest to what I want.

there's that rosewell amps dude who makes tweed deluxe clones, but the price went up recently (and I haven't tried them, either). His website says he'll make weber kits, and weber has a kit of a deluxe reverb, but i imagine that could end up costing more than the fender version. Or you could get martamp or someone like that to make you a clone, but again, probably won't be any cheaper than the fender one (though it'll be handwired).

Go used,way cheaper
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
yeah, but then you're stuck to the bigger brands unless you're willing to wait for ages...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i saw a reissue 59' bassman for like 700 on my local craigslist, that or princeton
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
i would say go silverface or go music man, those are both cheaper than hell options. i am gonna get a cloned 5F6-A circuit for myself one day.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by Dave_Mc

I'm actually about the order the Valvepower lol. This is for future reference
LOL, i know all about that. I'll probably not get around to getting this fender for a while yet. I'm taking advantage of the fact that the VP has killed my GAS for now, so I might as well take the good of that.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
LOL, i know all about that. I'll probably not get around to getting this fender for a while yet. I'm taking advantage of the fact that the VP has killed my GAS for now, so I might as well take the good of that.

By the way, how long did your VP take to arrive after you ordered it?
just under 3 weeks, iirc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
did you try local builder yet?
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.