Page 5 of 135
Quote by thrash metaller
i try to growl but i only reach the low pitch. there is no roar in it.

Refer to my post on pushing... also first page.
Yea, if you wanna improve volume, I'd say listen to 'Harmony Corruption' by Napalm Death, Barney's vocals are very strong and are in a style that ain't too hard to get louder than hell. Try gettin his style down.
Well i do BMTH and the like cause its interesting to go high and low, and even though he does process the sh*t out of his voice. I think I Declare War all low stuff is boring and it doesnt even sound that good. Its personal opinion mostly, i think.
Last edited by theheirapparent at May 1, 2009,
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by theheirapparent
Well i do BMTH and the like cause its interesting to go high and low, and even though he does process the sh*t out of his voice. I think napalm death all low stuff is boring and it doesnt even sound that good. Its personal opinion mostly, i think.

Have you listened to Napalm Death?
Quote by theheirapparent
Well i do BMTH and the like cause its interesting to go high and low, and even though he does process the sh*t out of his voice. I think napalm death all low stuff is boring and it doesnt even sound that good. Its personal opinion mostly, i think.

Right, so you've only ever heard You Suffer and are judging their entire discography then.
napalm death was an example, the majority of what ive heard is lows. i can think of more appropriate examples, but i am lazy. that was the first band to pop into my head
Come on. I mean...... Just come on........
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by theheirapparent
napalm death was an example, the majority of what ive heard is lows. i can think of more appropriate examples, but i am lazy. that was the first band to pop into my head

No, you just said that because Napalm Death was being discussed at the time, and you wanted to fit in.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by theheirapparent

I really doubt it was, seeing as how the vocals in Napalm Death are hardly low
Quote by theheirapparent
was it? i just skipped to the last page. or is he the one with the power shouts or whatever

Try this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIRUzqHTNh8
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
i have no speakers on this computer, so i cannot be proven horribly wrong and stupid. I realize my mistake and i apologize for all of my ignorance.
I like dethklok
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
That's because Dethklok aren't Death Metal.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Go to a computer that has sound and look up these bands

Morbid Angel
Akercocke
Atheist
Death
Possesed
Immolation
Dead Congregation
Edge of Sanity
Adramelech
Repulsion
Bolt thrower
Amon Amarth (lighter)

Just some bands with those vocals that i like.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
As DT already stated, Dethklok's vocals aren't even growls, they're just low whispers.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by theheirapparent
Dethklok vocals sound, to me, like a lot of other death metal vocals. Low growls. That stay low.

Listen to Hour of Penance. Very powerful low growls

Then Dethklok. Not growling, just whispers

There's no opinion to be had in this matter, since Dethklok don't growl, do death metal vocals, or sound good at all. They aren't anything like death metal bands that stay low. Fact.

Try again. You have zero idea of what you are talking about.
Quote by MetalMessiah665
As DT already stated, Dethklok's vocals aren't even growls, they're just low whispers.

you'd think brendan would work on them a little....
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Odds are, if Dethklok where anywhere near Death Metal in any aspect, the show would have never taken off.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
****. it doesnt matter if they are whispers. they have no variation. a lot of death metal bands that i have been exposed to have little - no variation, which i dont like. that is my only point. i like variation in my vocals. Listen to All Shall Perish, Eradication. I like variation. i will look up those bands when i get home.
Quote by theheirapparent
****. it doesnt matter if they are whispers. they have no variation. a lot of death metal bands that i have been exposed to have little - no variation, which i dont like. that is my only point. i like variation in my vocals. Listen to All Shall Perish, Eradication. I like variation. i will look up those bands when i get home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iLmF_2q7KA&fmt=18

How about Jason Mendonca then, he shits all over what those bands could only ever dream of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzdFTth68pM
Last edited by webbtje at May 1, 2009,
Quote by theheirapparent

Variation eh?

Try listening to the music in death metal, instead of just the vocals then

A lot more variating than the chug-laden core crap you've listed so far
hahah. But this thread is about the vocals not about the music. I love the music. not the vocals. Which is what my point was from the beginning. Death and Morbid Angel, and Amon Amarth, the 3 bands listed that i am familiar with are pretty sweet.
Death metal vocals of pretty much every pitch + black metal shrieks + singing + falsetto.

You were looking for vocal variation?
Quote by theheirapparent
hahah. But this thread is about the vocals not about the music. I love the music. not the vocals. Which is what my point was from the beginning. Death and Morbid Angel, and Amon Amarth, the 3 bands listed that i am familiar with are pretty sweet.

3 bands? That's it?

Great

For an awesome band that stay low, and stay powerful, try Cannibal Corpse on the Butchered At Birth album

Lows can easily stay interesting if the vocal patterns are good
3 bands from the list of 12. i think Cannibal Corpse is alright.
Into Eternity is kind of annoying. But i suppose the singer deserves credit for the talent as much as the rest of the band
Quote by MetalMessiah665
That's because Dethklok aren't Death Metal.

Actually, what are they? Deathcore?

And not to be anal, but I believe genre names aren't proper nouns.