give us more information, but I would buy an ESP over any other brand, well depends on the playing style but for me ESP's are the ****
We´re talking about ESP Laiho models and Jacksons basic guitars that Laiho used before they were stolen by some mother******* ass**le.
That still doesn't help, you have to say which models. There are many Alexi guitars and there are many Rhoads guitars.
If you're comparing the high end guitars, it's all personal.

I think the main difference is that high end ESP's usually have a mahogany body with EMG's in them. The neck is thin, but not as thin as Jackson or Ibanez.

High end Jacksons usually have Seymour Duncans with an alder body. Neck is in the middle of ESP and Ibanez.

Skip out on low end ESP's, as most of them are made out of agathis.

Skip out on the low end Jackson's with trems, though the other one's are pretty good if you change out the pickups.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Sep 30, 2009,
Quote by GuitarManiac110
We´re talking about ESP Laiho models and Jacksons basic guitars that Laiho used before they were stolen by some mother******* ass**le.

Rhoads was before Laiho!
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
i own a medium range jackson and i can say with confidence, it sounds great but it doesn't stay in tune with any trem use and the neck is a little too thin.
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by DarXyde
ESP CS = Jackson CS > Jackson USA > ESP > Jackson neckthru MIJ > LTD Deluxe > Jackson bolt on MIJ = LTD 400/401/500 > budget crap

fix'd (quality wise)
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Sep 30, 2009,
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
Ill fix that some more

ESP CS = Jackson CS >ESP Original Series > Jackson USA > ESP > Jackson neckthru MIJ > LTD Deluxe > Jackson bolt on MIJ = LTD 400/401/500 > budget crap

I thought the original series were CS ESP's. At least, they are priced that way
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
when discussing Jackson MIJ Bolt on vs Neck Thru isnt it just preference? I honestly hate neckthru guitars.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Its really hard because there both really good. But I would say a Jackson. try the new Kv5fr
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
i personally love jackson RR's. but has no one else but me notice that TS said that Jackson stole the RR-V idea from Laiho.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
If Jackson go for Pro series or better ONLY

If LTD then go Edwards. Unless you have the money for a ESP.

I'm currently siding with ESP since I'm like obsessed with the Alexi model If you need 2 pickups then go for ESP SV.

Edit: I would love to get a Rhoads like the one they made for Alexi, too bad Jackson stars are discontinued
Last edited by MeLodicDethMTL at Sep 30, 2009,
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-RR24-Rhoads-Electric-Guitar-w-EMGs?sku=520331

That's the Jackson model. I own one, and I played the alexi esp. Jackson buttrapes the esp in every way.

Also TS, don't be stupid. Jackson didn't steal anything from Alexi, alexi stole from Rhoads.
Cyanide Drip

Quote by Myfirstpubes
you're saying that everytime someone in the Pit fapped, they produced magic? Wow, we'd be in fucking Narnia by now by the Pit's rate of masturbation.

Quote by larrytheguitar
I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.
Quote by randomhero93
Rhoads was before Laiho!

They could be an idiot but I think they meant how Alexi played a Rhoads before all of CoB's gear was stolen and Laiho got an ESP instead.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by CliffIsAngry
when discussing Jackson MIJ Bolt on vs Neck Thru isnt it just preference? I honestly hate neckthru guitars.

Yes, that is preference, but in the case of Jackson guitars, it's obvious that the SL3/SLS3/SLSMG/KV5/KE5/RR24 and RR5 are much higher quality than the dinky's and the RR3.

On topic: TS, if you have doubts between the RR24 and the LTD Laiho: Be wise and get the Jackson. It's better, it's sexier, and it has a compound radius
But the best advise would be to try them both.
LTD laiho is butt ugly btw.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Oct 1, 2009,
1. Go to guitar store
2. Don't care about "brand-name", just how good the guitar is.
3. Test guitars you like
4. Leave the store with your new guitar.
5. Have fun
Jackson makes more V's due to their Rhoads models. Esp doesn't make many and it depends if you want passives or actives. I'd take a jackson for that exact reason.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by sykohyko
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-RR24-Rhoads-Electric-Guitar-w-EMGs?sku=520331

That's the Jackson model. I own one, and I played the alexi esp. Jackson buttrapes the esp in every way.

Also TS, don't be stupid. Jackson didn't steal anything from Alexi, alexi stole from Rhoads.

I'll just assume you mean the LTD version, and not the actual ESP version...
Guys me and my friends tried a dk2m and after that a ltd m 400 and the dk2m was total sh1t compared to the ltd which was in the same price range. I mean for me its LTD Deluxe> Neck thru MIJ jackson = LTD 400 series > Bolt on MIJ Jacksons. I mean try it out yourself and youll see its so clear.
Quote by blind.quardian
Guys me and my friends tried a dk2m and after that a ltd m 400 and the dk2m was total sh1t compared to the ltd which was in the same price range. I mean for me its LTD Deluxe> Neck thru MIJ jackson = LTD 400 series > Bolt on MIJ Jacksons. I mean try it out yourself and youll see its so clear.

No taste at all you have, young padawan.

Seriously, top end MIJ Jacksons are better then LTD 400 series, that is a no brainer.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Well in fact probably you are right about that but still jackson is worse than ltd. top end MIJ looks nice but i doubt they are better than the deluxe series.
Quote by blind.quardian
Well in fact probably you are right about that but still jackson is worse than ltd. top end MIJ looks nice but i doubt they are better than the deluxe series.

>.> Either he's right or he isn't. MIJ Jackson do are better than the LTD.

I recommend Jackson, probably the Pro Series since you get a guitar in where you'll be happy with the construction, wood, pickups, tremolo for quite a good time. If you can afford an ESP...well, I'd recommend going to a guitar store and try out whatever suits your needs.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Hey all, i can buy an rr5 brand new for 1999$ AUD! this or an rr3 for 1456. its nice but i dont rally like floyd roses