Hey dudes,

Im looking for some stuff to learn, sortta like Frusciante/hendrix and like jazzy/funky guitar stuff.

any suggestions?

Thanks guys
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
errrm i said like...not the same as ...
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Maybe some songs by Extreme? Get The Funk Out is a good one. Also look into the band Jane's Addiction, stuff like that.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Thnx playa
My Gig Rig...

Quote by ChiliFan01
Hey dudes,

Im looking for some stuff to learn, sortta like Frusciante/hendrix and like jazzy/funky guitar stuff.

any suggestions?

Thanks guys

Right.
Quote by Junior#1
Gilbert mutes with both hands. Palm muting and left hand muting. As for anchoring, he doesn't. He doesn't need to. After all, he's the creator of life, the universe, and everything.
Last edited by plainsight at Sep 30, 2009,
jazzy? Check out the A-Go-Go record by John Scofield. Not really rock guitar but funky still.
For jazz get into Al Di Meola.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by soundgarden19
For jazz get into Al Di Meola.

Meola is Jazz Fusion mixed with Latin and Samba. Jazz and Jazz Fusion are two different Genres.

For Jazz, Wes Montgomery, Kenny Burrel, Django Reinhardt, those cats.

If you're looking for Jazzy sounding things, then obviously look toward Fusion as soundgarden stated, Eric Johnson's Manhattan, SRV, East Wes, and Rain are good. Allan Holdsworth is another dominant fusion artist.

Funk, just look into how funk is made. I mean to learn these genres, you just have to learn what made them that genre. For Funk, it's mostly the rhythm, so learn the rhythms.
Quote by ChiliFan01
Hey dudes,

any suggestions?

Thanks guys

If you're looking for Hendrix type music then you mean blues rock. I'd imagine Frusciante is pretty heavily influenced by Hendrix even though he doesn't seem to show much blues influence.