Just bought one, and I love it to bits, it's a Michael Kelly Firefly model which set me back £269 sterling.

I was wondering what songs/techniques would be better to use an acoustic bass for rather than a 4/5 string bass.

Thanks in advance, will delete if this is breaking any forum rules.
I would prefer a hollow bodied bass with a piezo or some nice little sinle coils over an acoustic bass. A bit louder then a solid body and has a bit warmth to it.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by naw2
Just bought one, and I love it to bits, it's a Michael Kelly Firefly model which set me back £269 sterling.

I was wondering what songs/techniques would be better to use an acoustic bass for rather than a 4/5 string bass.

Thanks in advance, will delete if this is breaking any forum rules.

The only settings I've heard an acoustic bass do well in are Jazz and MTV Unplugged. I don't think the technique is any different though.
yay a fellow lover of the acoustic bass!! i have a victor baily signature acoustic and i agree that they deserve tons of love
so far iv found the bes thing to do with them is use them what they were made for, play them anywhere you cant take an amp
but other than that the skillz are the same
Telecaster bass :
FINALLY PLAYABLE!
[x]body
[x]neck
[x]humbucker
[x]jazz pup
[x]split p pups
[x]hardware
[x]bridge
[x]pickguard
[ ]finish/paint
[x]wiring/electronics
Quote by Spaz91
The only settings I've heard an acoustic bass do well in are Jazz and MTV Unplugged. I don't think the technique is any different though.

It is a bit different. You get a better tone, IMO, when you play close to the neck, and you have to set your action pretty high compared to a normal bass.

As far as the tone, it fits into some interesting areas that you wouldn't expect it to. For example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra8VTlXVqUQ

It usually goes pretty much anywhere where the guitars are also acoustic.
Nope, no sig here.