Page 1 of 15
Due to the large amount of submissions and the large amount of people wishing they had submit, we've decided to make a "Disc Two".

There are a lot of submissions that I know UG would love to see, and if you've anything new to submit, feel free to!

Talk to me and submit songs at ugelectronic@gmail.com

xaviergray has offered to send the tracks already submitted to him, so if you just want the track you've already submitted for Disc One to be considered, just post here saying so!

There will likely be more than just 20 tracks on this album, if we can manage to get all the issues resolved that offset the release of Disc One.

This is a link to a group where we will discuss the tracks to decide which ones get published in our albums.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ugelectroniclabel/

Just ask for an invite and you shall receive.

ARTISTS WHO'VE ASKED TO COLLABORATE
xaviergray
stratkat
FLUX_
TheReverend724
ep1kz - trance/house/breaks music
captaincrunk
RinestoneCowboy
Holy Katana
SteveHouse - trance, hard trance, house
Last edited by captaincrunk at Oct 28, 2009,
There's already a thread on this.

Edit: Ignore me, I thought "Attempt 2" was a thread for this second disk.

(why does my laptop lack a hash key?)
-

Last edited by Aléx at Sep 30, 2009,
i hope to enjoy this
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Would the song 'glowsticks and strobelights!' on my profile be an acceptable submission?
Quote by SlayingDragons
I would contribute, but I have no idea how to make electronic music, or I would. Tips please?

Im the same way.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Hey TS, if you want submissions you're gonna have to have them emailed to you or have contributors post download links. Just sayin'.

I might try to get the newest work in progress on my profile onto this one

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Hey TS, if you want submissions you're gonna have to have them emailed to you or have contributors post download links. Just sayin'.

I might try to get the newest work in progress on my profile onto this one

I will

I'm pm'ing XG now, and I'll see about submissions in a bit. I'm going to set up a separate email account for this, in case some things get sent to spam folders.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Im the same way.

If any of you knows how to use midi, I'm sure you could collborate with a more experienced user. That's what I did, and you definitely learn a lot.

Updated OP with an email for submissions
^Yeah, TS is banned apparently.
Quote by SlayingDragons
I would contribute, but I have no idea how to make electronic music, or I would. Tips please?

Start tinkering around in GarageBand, ACID Studio, FL Studio, Reaper, or whatever cheap/free audio software you can get your hands on (Audacity is right out unless you use all recorded samples). If you've already got something, even better. Just play with it. And listen to a ton of stuff; it will give you loads of ideas. And don't be afraid to make a genre song, but don't be afraid to add something way out of the ordinary to it either.

Oh, and if some of the (or many of the) features of the DAW you've chosen are way over your head, don't worry about it. You'll use them or you won't, and when the time comes that you do use them, some playing around will help you get them sorted.

SHEdit: If anybody wants help with GarageBand I can probably answer your questions; just PM/AIM/MSN me.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Last edited by SteveHouse at Sep 30, 2009,
Quote by Thomasoman
Would the song 'glowsticks and strobelights!' on my profile be an acceptable submission?

I think so. You've got some time to do stuff if you'd rather submit others. I don't care how many songs people submit, as long as they don't send me every guitar pro file they've ever made or some ****
Quote by captaincrunk
Anyone wanna collab with me? I've got midi skills and cubase, but nothing fancy. I'm up for anything!

I has no Cubase, but I might be down, depending on what you want to do with it. Not that I have time for such a thing.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
I has no Cubase, but I might be down, depending on what you want to do with it. Not that I have time for such a thing.

I think that We should keep making albums as long as people keep making songs, so time isn't an issue.
Quote by captaincrunk
I think that We should keep making albums as long as people keep making songs, so time isn't an issue.

Definitely. I've only just started dabbling in the audio panorama that is electronic music, but so far I like it .
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
Definitely. I've only just started dabbling in the audio panorama that is electronic music, but so far I like it .

Same here, and my weak background in theory has definitely broadened with my dabbling. Electronic music is the shiiiiit.
I have no idea how to use or make anything midi, or the best (free) audio software for making electronic... and could someone recommend me software that could make my computer keyboard into a keyboard? and a good synth program?

...yeah I'm pretty new to electronic if you haven't noticed.

slayingedit: I could probably make some beastly electronic if I threw in my guitar playing.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Sep 30, 2009,
Quote by entity0009

Maybe this would work better as a perpetually ongoing project, and we release a digital album as we get enough (well-made) submissions.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

If I am too lazy to make a new track or 2, I will still be downloading the second iteration, the first album is way, way too good. Can't get over it man.
Quote by SteveHouse
Maybe this would work better as a perpetually ongoing project, and we release a digital album as we get enough (well-made) submissions.

That's pretty much what I meant

It will definitely result in some good music, and good skills. We might even get UG to sponsor us somehow?

It would also result in a lot more collaborations!
Quote by captaincrunk

It will definitely result in some good music, and good skills. We might even get UG to sponsor us somehow?

Perhaps we can get a mod to sticky this permanently, retitled as The Perpetual UG Electronic Project or something like that doesn't sound all stuffy

Holy Katana, what are you using?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I have really lame gear. Just GarageBand and the Korg DS-10. But the DS-10 sounds pretty damn good if you hook it up to some decent speakers.

Do you know of any good softsynths?
Last edited by Holy Katana at Sep 30, 2009,
Quote by Holy Katana
I have really lame gear. Just GarageBand and the Korg DS-10. But the DS-10 sounds pretty damn good if you hook it up to some decent speakers.

Do you know of any good softsynths?

I actually just tweak the everliving out of GarageBand's presets to get mine. We might have to see if some kind of collab can be worked out

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I want my song on this album, its on my profile, its called "Tripping"

you can ask xaviergray for the file

thanks! =P
There is a very thin line between an artist... and a serial killer
Quote by captaincrunk
Convert to mp3 at at least 192 please. I'm not downloading a 24 mb file lol

Okay try this.
Quote by andresbejar
I want my song on this album, its on my profile, its called "Tripping"

you can ask xaviergray for the file

thanks! =P

I think you should shorten each section, and then repeat parts after a different section. I almost didn't get to the 2nd section before i stopped listening.

It's pretty damn good on the whole though!
i figure this would be a place to put this...

since i see a lot of people here who would like to get into electronic music making, and i assume they're on a tight budget lol i found an excellent free sequencer with VST/VSTi support and tons of customization options. it's old software and has since been discontinued, but functions just fine with only some minor bugs. it's helped me out quite a bit. it's called Psycle.

http://psycle.pastnotecut.org/database.php?action=show_cat&cid=1&styleid=1&sid=958fb47f1704492aa4078d7c605231a2

you can get it there. it's not exactly noob friendly, so PM if you have questions. i find it to be a much better alternative than even some high end sequencers.

EDIT: and it comes with a fully functional sampler! not bad for freeware lol
Quote by mental_zer0
i figure this would be a place to put this...

since i see a lot of people here who would like to get into electronic music making, and i assume they're on a tight budget lol i found an excellent free sequencer with VST/VSTi support and tons of customization options. it's old software and has since been discontinued, but functions just fine with only some minor bugs. it's helped me out quite a bit. it's called Psycle.

http://psycle.pastnotecut.org/database.php?action=show_cat&cid=1&styleid=1&sid=958fb47f1704492aa4078d7c605231a2

you can get it there. it's not exactly noob friendly, so PM if you have questions. i find it to be a much better alternative than even some high end sequencers.

EDIT: and it comes with a fully functional sampler! not bad for freeware lol

I'm assuming this is for PC?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa