Stupid question but I'm supposed to buy a classical guitar for my lessons.But something I don't understand:I found one guitar but it is size 3/4?

I'm 18years so what size should be good for me?
im 14 and i play full size, almost everyone plays full size, unless your under the age of about 10 or a midget
crypticslaughtr wrote:
WOOT WOOT HIT THE LIGHTS!!! I LOVE MEGADETH!!!!11111

I pay for my music
whatever is comfortable to you
i personally don't like smaller sized guitars
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I did classical guitar for about a year, and I never left the first position. Depending on how deep your lessons will go, I think you'll be fine with a 3/4. It's more about comfort and necessity than age or size of the player.
Quote by theGlitch
I did classical guitar for about a year, and I never left the first position. Depending on how deep your lessons will go, I think you'll be fine with a 3/4. It's more about comfort and necessity than age or size of the player.

yeah, i think mine is also a 3/4 and the size is just fine. So finr it gets heavy when being carried 5 km...
3/4 sized guitars are almost always aimed at completely inexperienced kids. As a result, they are often built terribly to lower the cost. Don't get one, or you'll be sorely disappointed. If you are 18 years old, you are certainly in need of a full-size guitar. If you're looking to save money, look in the "guitars under $300" sticky. I believe there are a few classicals in there.

Edit: To one of the above posters, "dreadnought" is not a body style used with classical guitars.

Double Edit: There is a big difference between "3/4 sized" and "smaller-bodied" guitars. There are lots of very nice guitars with small bodies that are still full-sized. 3/4 acoustics will have a shorter scale length.
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Sep 30, 2009,