Ok, so I bought a new amp yesterday. It's a Fender Roc-pro 1000. 100 watt head with matching 4x12 cab. But It isn't loud at all. I crank the volume to 10, and put distortion on, but it's not even half of what my 15 watt crate gives out. I'm pretty sure I have everything plugged in right. Idk if it's supposed to be like this or not. Help me out please.
do you have your cabinet hooked up with a speaker cable rather than an instrument cable?
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
Quote by arthurt420
do you have your cabinet hooked up with a speaker cable rather than an instrument cable?

It's hooked w/ an instrument cable I believe
than thats your problem you need speaker cable to power your cab... i had this same problem when i first bought my head and cab
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
Quote by Majin Sephiroth

that can cause serious problems, get a speaker cable
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Yer see above - make sure you turn your volume down before you try it again though :p
(also check you have your impedances matched)
Quote by arthurt420
than thats your problem you need speaker cable to power your cab... i had this same problem when i first bought my head and cab

Lol, I feel retarded now xD! Thanks for telling me man.
Quote by justinb904
that can cause serious problems, get a speaker cable

Just wondering, what's the difference between the two?
I really don't think an instrument cable would degrade the signal that much. Its possible that there is something else wrong. Definitely change the cables and see if that helps first.

Quote by Majin Sephiroth

Although using an instrument cable could cause problems to either the head or the cab, or both, most likely the cable would go before damage occurred to either of them.
Quote by Majin Sephiroth
Just wondering, what's the difference between the two?

the speaker cable is made to handle higher wattages,
I'm no amp tech so I don't know all the differences and whatnot, just the basics
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
the speaker cable is made to handle higher wattages,
I'm no amp tech so I don't know all the differences and whatnot, just the basics

Thanks for all the help guys lol
Ok, so I went, and paid $30 for 2 "Audio Cables" and it STILL dosen't have a louder sound. What's up?
Quote by Majin Sephiroth
Ok, so I went, and paid $30 for 2 "Audio Cables" and it STILL dosen't have a louder sound. What's up?

Are you sure all the cable(s) plugging your guitar in are working? Are you using pedals?
I hate my sig
Quote by Majin Sephiroth
I'm sure they're working. I'm not using pedals. Just plugged straight into the amp.

Hmmm. I couldn't really tell you for sure without looking at it. Try taking it to a tech
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
Hmmm. I couldn't really tell you for sure without looking at it. Try taking it to a tech

Damn D:
Quote by stradivari310
Is it a tube or solid state amp?

Solid State I believe, but it has a "Tube Drive" w/e that is.
Quote by Majin Sephiroth

Was your 15w crate amp tube?
I hate my sig
Quote by Majin Sephiroth

Ok, the dude I bought it from said I need a cable that's NOT shielded, and that's what I'm using. Is this true?
Quote by Majin Sephiroth
Ok, the dude I bought it from said I need a cable that's NOT shielded, and that's what I'm using. Is this true?

He was correct, speaker cable is unshielded.

I'm concerned that you've got "audio cable".

Not to sound like an ass, but speaker cable is called "speaker cable"...

The Roc Pro 1000 is solid state, with a preamp tube in the gain side for "tube distortion".

These things were built like brick sh*t-houses, but being solid state, it's not going to be easily diagnosed over the internet.

There is certainly something wrong with it, these are loud enough to knock down walls...

Make sure you've got the right speaker cable, try the different channels, make sure both gain and volume are all turned up.
Quote by Rutch
He was correct, speaker cable is unshielded.

I'm concerned that you've got "audio cable".

Not to sound like an ass, but speaker cable is called "speaker cable"...

The Roc Pro 1000 is solid state, with a preamp tube in the gain side for "tube distortion".

These things were built like brick sh*t-houses, but being solid state, it's not going to be easily diagnosed over the internet.

There is certainly something wrong with it, these are loud enough to knock down walls...

Make sure you've got the right speaker cable, try the different channels, make sure both gain and volume are all turned up.

Lol, I hate my life x_x
I'm gonna go return the cables I got yesterday, and see if they have any "Speaker Cables" I'll post on here what the results are after I test it out.
Good call.

Keep in mind, though, that a speaker cable isn't likely to suddenly fix the problem, we just need to make sure you're using the right stuff.

An amp pushing this much power could surely destroy the wrong kind of cable, and then we won't know anything!

If you have access to a different cabinet, or a different head, you could try that out.

Ex: Hook your head to a different cab. If it's still quiet, you know it's the head.

Ex: Hook a different head to your cab. If it's still quiet, you know it's the cab.
Quote by Rutch
Good call.

Keep in mind, though, that a speaker cable isn't likely to suddenly fix the problem, we just need to make sure you're using the right stuff.

An amp pushing this much power could surely destroy the wrong kind of cable, and then we won't know anything!

If you have access to a different cabinet, or a different head, you could try that out.

Ex: Hook your head to a different cab. If it's still quiet, you know it's the head.

Ex: Hook a different head to your cab. If it's still quiet, you know it's the cab.

Well, I hooked up the cab to my 15 watt crate last night, and I didn't even turn it 1/3 of the way, and it was loud as crap so... yeah lol it's not cab xD