Having recently heard a lot of good stuff about the new Marshall MGs, I became interested in them. I'd already heard many regular users on this forum say MGs are bad, so naturally I knew they were bad. But apparently these new ones were good.

I watched a completely unbiased video recorded by a famous celebrity, and instantly knew that this was the amp for me. I got a good deal at sound control, and the amp arrived today!

However there was something suspicious about it...

Why did Marshall send me the amp in a box with "Orange" written on it? This at first puzzled me, however I quickly deduced that being the fair company that they are, they probably wanted to do something good for the environment. Of course! Instead of building new boxes, they just used old supermarket boxes - in this case for oranges.

Excitedly I began ripping open the box! Frankly, I couldn't wait until I could finally play my new MG. However this again, caught my eye. What was this orange sheet doing in the box? An amp cover, perhaps. Or was it?!

Using all the force I could muster from within, I heaved the amp out of the box.

But what's this? An ORANGE MG?!?!?! I rushed to the Marshall website - but there was nothing about a limited edition version! Was this some horrid practical joke? Did they send me the wrong amp?! My dream NAD was slowly turning into a nightmare...

Hesitantly I turned it on. I couldn't even find the digital effects OR the famous FDD switch. My hopes were crushed. Nothing else could possibly go wrong. Or could it? You guessed it...

I look inside the amp and see this! It looks as if something's cooking inside! Ugh! I don't want my amp to set on FIRE... although I guess by this stage I didn't really care - it wasn't an MG.

So now this awful excuse for this amp is sitting there, in replacement of my Valveking. But you can bet I will be taking it back ASAP!!!!!!!

it sounds ****ing great!
Damn!! I would be so pissed!! Who the hell did you order that from?? I'd call them up and demand that they send you two MG's since they messed up your order!!!

Then all you would need is a sheet of plywood and you could make a coffee table (because that's about all an MG would be good for!)

HNAD
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Then all you would need is a sheet of plywood and you could make a coffee table (because that's about all an MG would be good for!)

I guess you haven't heard the new ones
I thought this was serious at first
HNAD!
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Bare Knuckle Riff Raff and Stormy Monday
Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fulltone OCD
EHX Holy Grail Nano
BYOC Tone Bender Clone
Korg Pitchblack
Fender Bassman '59 Reissue

HNAD man!
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I don't know if this is a joke or not but it wouldn't surprise me if they sent that by mistake. I once got a $100 MXL USB Mic when I ordered a $9 guitar stand.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Grats, Michal! I didn't think you had the funds already?!

If you're buying new you're getting ripped off!
Quote by marc0mu

I have. They are an improvement. However they still lack dynamics and are rediculously overpriced. The old MGs aren't that bad, however for the price they are horrible amps considering all of the other amps on the market with the same price tag.
i'm don't know much about orange amps, but i'm pretty sure the glowing is from the tubes...?
www.myspace.com/decognition

Guitar Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Freeway
Korg DTR2000 Tuner
Axon Ax100
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk||
Boss V-Wah, CE-5, TR-2

Bass Rig:
Ibanez sr700
Ampeg BA600/115
Boss MT-2
Quote by viper_mike
i'm don't know much about orange amps, but i'm pretty sure the glowing is from the tubes...?

****, really?!

dude nice MG
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Quote by marc0mu

Hmm...Okay maybe not a coffee table.

A STOOL!

HNAD btw
Last edited by AdamDK at Sep 30, 2009,
it's okay. just send me that amp and i'll send you my MG halfstack

HNAD, dude!

Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Are you serious? Wow, that's bad luck man. I could do you a deal and swap you my Spider 3 for it, out of sympathy for you of course?
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Thanks guys

I just noticed something peculiar. The speaker says 16 Ohms on it, but it was plugged into 8 ohm output. I didn't notice this before, and when I played it was fine, but at high gain at loud volumes there was a little treble squeal.

Should I plug into the 16 ohm output?
Quote by michal23
Thanks guys

I just noticed something peculiar. The speaker says 16 Ohms on it, but it was plugged into 8 ohm output. I didn't notice this before, and when I played it was fine, but at high gain at loud volumes there was a little treble squeal.

Should I plug into the 16 ohm output?

No, I would think that would be just for an extension cabinet, which would sound amazing through that MG.

And btw, they did come out with some different colored MG's, but the only orange Marshalls I have seen are the old valvestates.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
That sucks man, Oranges are garbage. If you call them and complain you can probably get them to knock off some money when they send you your MG.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Awwwwwwwwwwww no MG?? But I wanted to hear Teh CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!!

But seriously man HNAD
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
thanks guys!

I just tried plugging into the 16 ohm output. It works the same. Strange, I'd have thought there'd be a difference.
Quote by michal23
thanks guys!

I just tried plugging into the 16 ohm output. It works the same. Strange, I'd have thought there'd be a difference.

Nope, 16 ohms accept pretty much all cabs/speakers. Thats why they probably made it a 16. The vol or tone shouldn't change.

btw, HNAD!!!!
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Michal... I'm drunk, so.. forgive me. But what model is that Orange? I know you said you played either the AD or the Rocker, so I'm assuming it's one of those?
It's the Rocker 30. Found an offer I couldn't refuse. I think I actually prefer it to the AD30, although it'd be nice if the clean channel had an EQ. Still, it sounds great!
Quote by michal23
****, really?!

I was gonna say the same thing.

Sorry bro ... looks like you got screwed .. and to think you could of had almighty marshall solid state perfection!

Nice amp
Quote by CarbonDeath
Nope, 16 ohms accept pretty much all cabs/speakers. Thats why they probably made it a 16. The vol or tone shouldn't change.

btw, HNAD!!!!

yes it will.the added impedance will alter the overall sound.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by michal23
It's the Rocker 30. Found an offer I couldn't refuse. I think I actually prefer it to the AD30, although it'd be nice if the clean channel had an EQ. Still, it sounds great!
It can't do the br00talz, as well, though. It's still kick-ass. I probably prefer it to the Rockerverb.

How much did you get if for?
LOL
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com

HNAD!

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Nicely done

HNAD

Great to have a funny NAD now and again.

I almost thought you were serious, then I reread the post and got confused. Then it hit me.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
wow i thought you were actually serious for a second. HNAD!
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
Quote by AdamDK
Hmm...Okay maybe not a coffee table.

A STOOL!

HNAD btw

couldn't be, the particle has a 13 lb weight limit, I 'd stick with the coffee table if I were you