Specifically their Classic models. What do you make of them? I am thinking of getting my daughter a VERY cheap guitar for she is 6 and I have no idea if it will go anywhere but she enjoys messing with mine. Squier I see them in foodstores, toy stores, guitar stores, and so on.
good guitar for her, but expect to upgrade if she gets good. epiphone also makes some good cheapies, and so do dean agile and ibanez.
Yeah, I have a cheapo Dean acoustic but with how well it sounds I think I got a bargain for it.
Don't get one that is too cheap. When I was very young I had one of those cheap Squiers and it was disheartening because I was always listening to my dad play his Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty and I knew that the Squier didn't sound good at all. Because of that I think, I didn't really get serious about music until I bought a new guitar.
Quote by jfreyvogel
Don't get one that is too cheap. When I was very young I had one of those cheap Squiers and it was disheartening because I was always listening to my dad play his Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty and I knew that the Squier didn't sound good at all. Because of that I think, I didn't really get serious about music until I bought a new guitar.

Dude she just strums. I don't think that is an issue yet. Besides, while I would love a Gibson, that isn't happening anytime soon unless I hook up with some rich chick.
Quote by fingerguy
unless I hook up with some rich chick

Pssh. sounds like a plan to me!

anyway i think squier's a great choice. you're already in a good spot since you play guitar yourself. that way you can actually play the one she would be getting and test it out. so many parents want to get their kids into guitar and get them a piece of crap, and cannot understand why their kid hates it.

completely unrelated, but i remember my grandmother asking me if i could play both electric and acoustic guitar. she never really got it.

if you want to get her something really cool look at squier 51's. they're old and out of production, but you can find them on ebay for less than $200 and they're basswood bodies. no plywood. plus they look AWESOME. i'm in the process of modding mine pretty heavily. something you AND she can appreciate lol the only issue might be it's a regular 25.5" scale. it might be a bit too big for her.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
25.5 would be too large for her. why not get her one of these daisy rock short scales? they're a good size for her at 22 3/4 inches, and when she's bigger she can use hers as a carry around guitar. please note that there's a natural one if you're daughter isn't into pink or purple.

http://www.daisyrock.com/products/wildwood/ww_acoustic.htm

they're under $200 and actually play pretty well once you get 'em set up, which is what i say about most guitars, btw. if you're or she is not up for a baby taylor or little martin, this might be a way to go. and if she likes the way her guitar looks, she'll play more - always a plus. they have 'em at guitar center, musician's friend and amazon. just don't get the pixie by mistake - they come in the same colors but are full sized and too big for a 6 year old.
Last edited by patticake at Oct 1, 2009,