Okay people,
Need a new guitar,

Rough requirements;
1. NO FLOATING BRIDGE!
2. Can play pretty much everything.
3. budget £250.

Any suggestions welcome.

Ps. please do not suggest an amp upgrade, as this is going to be used in places i will be using many different amps.

Pps. i live in the UK.

Cheers..
Save for some more, maybe 50-100 more? At that point you get the highest quality to dollar spent ratio imo. (About $600).
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
i dont want to Upgrate. ive got an ibanex presteige, but the floating brisge is no good for changing tunings, too much hastle, so i want somethign with a fixed bridge, so i can do different tunings easily.

And if i absolutly have to, i can go to £300, but that really is the most i can get at the moment..
what do you play musically wise? genre's?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
can range between R&B to pop punk to hard rock/metal.. it really does range from month to month..
Quote by Grevious555
can range between R&B to pop punk to hard rock/metal.. it really does range from month to month..

Something with singles and hb pickups like a Jackson or Ibanez hardtail/fixed bridge
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
how about a Fender Fat Strat?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-HSS-Electric-Guitar-105156673-i1431994.gc
here's my suggestion. Idk the price conversion from UK to US and vice versa, but try looking for one of these.
Quote by pedromiles101
A Fender for £250? Hahahahaha Maybe a Squier.
Now to be serious. Save a little more and look what you can get.
http://www.tcellisguitars.com/s2specs.html
That beast will play anything.
Here's a demo of one with Warpigs in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmJYUCBw3BI&feature=player_embedded
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
A Fender for £250? Hahahahaha Maybe a Squier.
Now to be serious. Save a little more and look what you can get.
http://www.tcellisguitars.com/s2specs.html
That beast will play anything.
Here's a demo of one with Warpigs in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmJYUCBw3BI&feature=player_embedded

like i said, i dont know price conversions, and he can look used if he likes it.
Quote by pedromiles101
Guitar exchange rate works out about $1 = £1 when you add in excessive mark-ups at wholesale and retail, then VAT. Cheapest I could find in stock was around £400 in Germany so plus shipping. Might find a used MIM though. Better than a lot of the copies.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

DON'T buy a Squier. Ibanez is the way to go at that price range go on their website and I'm sure you'll find something suited for you.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Try and find another £100 or so and it will open up many more options. For around £250 look for pre-owned MIM Teles/Strats. Reasonably versatile and would be a good buy for that money.

Also I don't know much about particular models but some of the Ibanez RGs I have tried out in the £300 - £450 price range are very good guitars (if you like the tone etc).
I really do like the look of that Fender MIM...
And as for getting more money, £300 is a push..
That might change in a month though, due to birthday etc. so i'll have a look around..
Thanks for the help guys..
As for tele's.. i just CANNOT get along with them.. and i do not know why.. mehh..
I was looking at maybe a PRS??
Okay, New Budget, £500 VERY MAX. I'd like to spend less if possible..

Ideally 24 frets, but can work with 22.

Anymore Ideas??

Links please?
I still say Ibanez RG is your best bet at that price range, their middle level stuff is quite good. LTD is good also but 400 series and above is the way to go.
Quote by Grevious555
Okay, New Budget, £500 VERY MAX. I'd like to spend less if possible..

Ideally 24 frets, but can work with 22.

Anymore Ideas??

Links please?

if you can find a Schecter Omen 6 extreme, that'll be pretty good. very versatile with the coiul split that it has (not featured on the regular omen 6 model)

EDIT: link http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Omen-Extreme-6-Electric-Guitar-520221-i1435750.gc
Quote by pedromiles101
Last edited by randomhero93 at Oct 1, 2009,
That schecter looks beautiful....
Strong contender i recon.. if i can find one local to try, that is..
Quote by Grevious555
That schecter looks beautiful....
Strong contender i recon.. if i can find one local to try, that is..

yes, Schecters are very touchy with people. either people love them or hate them.
Quote by pedromiles101
Went to my local shop... Had some Omens... picked one up, automatically decided against it... do NOT like the neck one bit..
I played afew guitars.. decided on the Ibanez RGA42.. Its nice.
I went in wanting a GIO with reverse headstock, but the RGA42 felt more comfortable..
Other than Ibanez/jacksons.. the only other neck i felt comfortable with was a Ltd Viper Limited edition.. cant remember the model.. but there ya go...
Anyways, ive put the deposit down for the RGA42, and its going to be mine soon..