WEll I've been playing Bass nearly a year now, and I've been getting basic lessons in school which didn't really teach much, mostly scales and stuff. But now my teacher is actully starting to like me so he is teaching me some better stuff. He made up some apregios(Spell check) for me to help with my little finger strength.

But the thing is I have curved little fingers, have done since birth, doesn't effect me in anyway. But I'm just wondering do you think it would be harder or is there some kind of risk or anything?

Just wondering, thanks.
So, how do they look?
Quote by Jaymz2K
Kidding, they hate you and want you to be miserable.

Also, Charmander.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
If I teach myself to cum on command with the word Jackpot... Won't make any bets, but I'll still be a winner.
Quote by Bowe
so wait... does PETA think all gay people are vegans?
I just saw this title and clicked but i do have a curved little finger, and as a guitarist it does hold me back somewhat, i have no strength and no hammeron accuracy with it.
Do you mean curved as in curved upwards or curved as in sideways? Both my little fingers curve upwards in such a way that I can't straighten them at all without using my other hand. It doesn't hinder me at all to be honest, if that's what you mean by curved.

If you mean curved sideways, then that's a side effect of playing a stringed instrument. It's because of the angle that you play at. Ask any musician who's played a stringed instrument for a good while and they'll tell you the same. It's happened to my index fingers, and IMO it isn't a hindrance at all.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
my pinkys are pretty messed up too...you can try to build strength in it through practice or just do what I did (use the first three fingers almost exclusively)
iv had really small hands since birth and tiny fingers, but that hasnt affected my bass playing at all except for those long stretches that normal people can do like from 2-6 or somthing but other than that its allll good
Telecaster bass :
FINALLY PLAYABLE!
[x]body
[x]neck
[x]humbucker
[x]jazz pup
[x]split p pups
[x]hardware
[x]bridge
[x]pickguard
[ ]finish/paint
[x]wiring/electronics
It's ok, I get by using my first 3 fingers and thumb on my left hand. I can play with my permanently damaged ring finger too.
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Quote by ExurKun
my pinkys are pretty messed up too...you can try to build strength in it through practice or just do what I did (use the first three fingers almost exclusively)

I use 3 fingers exclusively i get by, but i do blame an injury i got a long time ago when i broke my pinky its never ever healed right tbh :S
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quote by fleajr_1412
Do you mean curved as in curved upwards or curved as in sideways? Both my little fingers curve upwards in such a way that I can't straighten them at all without using my other hand. It doesn't hinder me at all to be honest, if that's what you mean by curved.

If you mean curved sideways, then that's a side effect of playing a stringed instrument. It's because of the angle that you play at. Ask any musician who's played a stringed instrument for a good while and they'll tell you the same. It's happened to my index fingers, and IMO it isn't a hindrance at all.

Curved upwards I think, depends which way you look at it.
Quote by ExurKun

I'm using just my first three fingers at the moment but I want to get my pinky in on the mix. It saves moving around the fretboard as much, considering I'm quite jumpy with my hand movements I think it will improve it to be more fluid, or it wont do anything.