Poll: Which guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar?
Fender Telecaster
33 47%
Epiphone Les Paul
37 53%
Voters: 70.
I want a new guitar and can't decide decide between these two. My budget's $500. I play pop-punk. Which would you recommend?
Last edited by PETE3491 at Sep 30, 2009,
what two...?

EDIT: oh, put the poll up right after I post? i see how it is...

EDIT2: I say the epiphone because granted, the Telecaster will be good for the pop punk, a stock one isn't going to nail metal without pedals and a humbucker (unless you want a lot of fizz). and I believe the epi can nail both styles quite easily.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Last edited by randomhero93 at Sep 30, 2009,
neither is gonna give a great metal tone however i would say get the les paul cos later u can stick new pups in, the les paul is very versistile and can be used for anything
get a tele and put some hot rails in it. iv def had less problems with my mim fender than my epiphones (buzzing, action, etc.) and hot rails are awesome for metal. def one of my favorite pickups. if u go used, u can get the tele, hotrails, and some pedals and junk with the extra money.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Get the Tele and some pedals. It will get the pop punk better, and with some pedals it will be ok for metal. Or some new pickups of course.
tele cause tele's kick ass.
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
depends on the style you wanna play. stratocasters for the win i say. if u have one already go for the epiphone

edit: woops forgot to read sorry. well yeh. epiphone.
Last edited by randomguy_37 at Sep 30, 2009,
ive got an epi les paul, and i love it. it plays great for everything i try to play on it, including metal (sounds better than my dean) and the stuff towards the pop-punk end of the spectrum (the closest to pop punk i go though is the offspring). seriously, get that guitar!
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
Definitley an Epi, either a Les Paul or a G-400. The G-400 will give great neck acess but the Les Paul has a raw power to it.

Impartially speaking it doesn't matter cus you can always change the pickups for something like 'Bare knuckles'
Key gear:
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gary Moore (Lemon Burst)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White)
BC Rick Mockingbird ST (Red Quilt)
Laney IronHeart 60 watt head w/4x12 cab
Boss V-Wah
Personally I'd go with the tele, but then again if I were going that route I'd actually save another $100 and get a G&L ASAT special; the MFD pickups would be perfect for pop punk.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
If I had to choose one of em, I'd pick the epiphone. I think the telecaster is an ugly guitar ...
Both guitars can do whatever the hell style of music you want them to do.

Therefore, try both, see which you prefer the feel/sound/looks of.
404: Sig not found.
Les Paul Ftw.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Typical UG. Going on about metal. He didn't say he wanted to play metal....pop punk is nothing like metal. Ignorance once again.

Get the tele.
I would say the tele cause you see loads of Pop/Punk bands using them like Paramore, Sum 41, Green Day (in the 90's). Probably best to get one with a Humbucker or a Hot Rail but I don't think Fender make the with Hot Rails (?). But even the average single coil Tele can pull of some heavy stuff, you take Alex Westway from Fightstar.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!