I'm currently trying to improve my voice - trying to sing more, get some information on how to practice better, looking for amatuer choirs to join, considering a teacher (fund-dependant) and so on.

The most motivating thing for me is being able to sit down with an acoustic and sing something that at least I myself can tolerate listening to. This means low (I can't quite hit middle C and struggle with the C two octaves beneath it) and simple (currently singing "Tales Of Brave Ulysses" a lot - just 2 notes for most of the song).

So what I'm looking for are suggestions for songs that have bass/baritone vocal parts that are as simple as possible - low number of notes used, mainly chord tones hit and so on, eg:

"Tales Of Brave Ulysses" - like I said, it mostly stays the octave under middle C and only uses 4 notes.
"Space Oddity" - the first section at least, it's just 3 notes, all around the C beneath middle C.
"Hallelujah" - haven't worked what arrangement for this I want to practice with, but again it's a fairly simple melody and I can keep it within my range.

So if anyone has any suggestions for songs to look at in that kind of vein (I'm currently look at some Johnny Cash, maybe some old blues stuff and/or some of Hendrix's deeper tunes as well) then I'd be grateful.

Cheers.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
Jack Johnson's songs are all pretty comfortably in the middle of the bass/baritone range. John Mayer is also a baritone, but his stuff is quite a bit more difficult.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Superman's Song - Crash Test Dummies

.... great song. I can't sing it and I'm a baritone/tenor, so probably perfect for a bass.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Perhaps it's a bit higher then your requesting, but may I point out the band Poets of The Fall in general?

Marko (the singer) has a baritone voice I believe. He has quite the range because he is a professional, but the songs aren't really that hard to sing if you're at it for awhile.

Good Luck Damascus!
Quote by ascend
Have you tried Nick Cave?

I was about to say. I'm a bass singer, the first song my singing teacher worked on with me was "Into My Arms" by Nick Cave. It's a good beginner bass song.

Here's the link;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4gRmvvDsU
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I think Matt Barlow (Iced Earth, ex-Pyramaze) has a similar vocal range to you so look into stuff with him singing
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!