Does anybody knows any gear to play pre-recorded tracks, mp3's, wavs (mostly orchestral or piano as an intro or outro) this is mostly done by a drummer, what is this thing called?

Thx in advance!
Cross / kros /: a thing they nail people to
-Jorn-
You could do that with a loop station pedal if you don't mind outputting it through your guitar amp? Or you could set it up with its own speaker. Boss RC-2 Loop Station
You should just play them from a laptop in itunes. You could also load them in a program like ableton live and trigger them with a midi keyboard or a set of pads (I use the korg nanopad, highly recommend it!) But that'll cost a bit more.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Bring a laptop on stage, hook up a Midi Controller, plug the output to a mixer input and voila!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
RC20XL. I'm not sure 100% HOW, but I know that you CAN hook up an MP3 or some crap, save it, and be able to loop it real time.

Plus, it kicks ass.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
i saw this band that just had an Ipod hooked up to the PA and the drummer would just push play. that would be the simplest way, no?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
i saw this band that just had an Ipod hooked up to the PA and the drummer would just push play. that would be the simplest way, no?

This.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
ive used my pod xt live before.

plugged the laptop in via USB to the pod, had a usb numberpad, enclosed in a wooden chamber with 4 buttons hooked up to 4 of the numbers set into a triggering program with some high quality .wav files. all the sound pumped out into my amp.

the tone was very low end and bassy. so i needed to eq the clips quite trebly for the required effects and sound to actually work. but it was quite fun to hit a button and get a like POW noise.. like a really huge bass drum >: D nice for entering breakdowns and ****
Bill Kelliher from Mastodon has a looper - I don't remember which one off hand, though - which runs straight into the mixer. He uses it for all of the samples (such as the tribal drums in the beginning of Crystal Skull).

Another way would be to run a laptop or mp3 player into the mixer and have someone trigger them for you or use a midi controller to trigger them.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Bill Kelliher from Mastodon has a looper - I don't remember which one off hand, though - which runs straight into the mixer. He uses it for all of the samples (such as the tribal drums in the beginning of Crystal Skull).

Another way would be to run a laptop or mp3 player into the mixer and have someone trigger them for you or use a midi controller to trigger them.

Digitech Jamman
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
It's called a GNX4. You have 8 tracks so you enable/disable any track depending on who's missing from the band. Or you can just play stereo MP3 files. Up to 2 Gigs of onboard storage. And a multifx and looper to boot.
Thx everyone, this will really help me!
Cross / kros /: a thing they nail people to
-Jorn-