Well, I guess fate had it today that my guitar would suffer from a fall, and one of the tuning pegs broke off. Now, I have absolutely NO CLUE about tuning pegs. I'm not sure if there are specifications that I have to meet for the pegs to fit my guitar or anything, so I have no idea what to purchase online. I have no nearby guitar shops, so that's not exactly an option. When I called Musician's Friend Customer Service, this guy had no clue, so he just told me to write a thing to their tech support through email and see if they have any suggestions.

My question is, if I have a Paul Reed Smith SE Singlecut Electric Guitar, what tuning pegs can I get to replace my set without modifying my guitar?
Gear:
ESP LTD Les Paul (Blackouts)
B.C. Rich Mockingbird (EMG 81/85)
Paul Reed Smith SE Single-Cut (Duncan Pickups)
Schecter C-1 Classic (Duncan Pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Seagull Entourage (Acoustic-Electric)

Marshall JVM210H + 1960A Cab
Anyone?
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul

Theres another thread like this in customizing. If PRS wont sell you a single tuner your gonna have problems. Only company I know of that sells single tuners is gotoh and that may or may not drop in your guitar without mods. And may look out of place compared to your other tuners. Most companies only sell in sets of six.
Quote by Janicki
Anyone?

Take it to a guitar tech and have him install a hole new set of tuners (6).
Ask for Grover tuners... they are very good and your guitar won't loose its tune very easily.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
But a set of 6 its not really that hard to replace at most you will have to drill the hole bigger but that's it. Make sure that you buy the set that matches your headstock EG: inline 6, LP style, fender. Go with either Grovers or gotoh locking if you dont have a FR locking nut. Warmoth is a good place to pick out tuners if your in the states.

http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar-Tuning-Machines-C205.aspx
Last edited by DimeLvR at Oct 1, 2009,
SO basically, since I have a PRS, I should just buy a LP style set of tuners and they should fit?
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul