i have a rack mount 2 channel 31 band eq made by BBE. ive had it about 2 years, i like it alot but i kinda of hear a slight resonancey filter type sound when i run it in the fx loop of any of my amps. do you think a pedal 10 band eq would do the same thing?
im thinking that the eq has alot of natural resonance for the bands to be adjusted, so when i raise and lower some freqz it adds this resonance to the tone, it makes great for metal tone but for straight up rock the resonance never goes away it i can never dial in a heavy linkin park type power chord sound. its always metal sound, but a damn good metal sound it is.

any suggestions?
never tried the eq before the amp before, just thought of it.
hmmm....
rackmount EQ probably sounds alot better.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

update: just tried it before the amp and it made alot of noise..not a good idea, so went back to fx loop and ill just deal with it...maybe its good afterall, im just a perfectionist.. :P
Quote by surface54
update: just tried it before the amp and it made alot of noise..not a good idea, so went back to fx loop and ill just deal with it...maybe its good afterall, im just a perfectionist.. :P

Does it have a master gain slider? Turn that down a bit when using it in front. You may be overdriving the preamp too much.
WTLTL 2011
im thinking maybe alot of higher freqZ are coming from the xlr cable i use to balance the line between the 31bandeq and the rack mount gate limiter.
anyone hear a big difference between using a xlr cable between rack equipment and regular 1/4 connections? i can hear a big increase in volume and overall presense with the xlr, but it almost sounds like too much presense, like the highs are alot more present and the lows are a little muddy. when i use a 1/4 the sound its much more tamed but i have to crank the alot louder to get a good sound.