Right im looking to buy an amp,

i want to go for a head and cab as i will be gigging with it and im going to spend about £800-£1000.

I need something that can handle metal / metalcore type sounds along the lines of parkway drive... Il be using my jackson for this.

But i also want it to be able to handle kings of leon type sounds .... which i will be playing on my tele..

Basically i want something which is a combination of a 5150 and a DLS50.

cheers jack
hmm, i think you could probably get some good middle of the road tones from a JCM 900 or the like.

with a budget like that, you could probably just get something like a 6505 combo when they come out.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

I'm going to go with what I always suggest: Used Engl Blackmore head and a Framus 2x12" cab.

But you don't really need a stack to gig. There's plenty of combos, like a Line6 Vetta for example, which would do the trick better than most stacks in that price range.
good point there made by quailman, stacks arent always better gig amps.

also, your looking for a cross between an american voiced metal amp and a british classic rock voiced amp, which i believe is probably impossible.

you'll either need a modelling amp like the aformentioned Vetta, or just pick which voicing you prefere and run with it.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Thanks for the advice.

I get where your coming from. two totally different sounds. i was just seeing if there was anything about that would handle it.
Hayden MoFo and a good 2x12 could be the answer. I have two friends with them now and they play very different stuff (Death Metal and classic rock) and they are both raving about them.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Randall RM?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
the randall RM uses interchangable preamp modules right?

problem is, it doesnt solve the criss-cross of 6L6 and EL34. The mofo is pretty good, but im sure you could probably get something like a KK signature marshall (2203KK) which uses Kt88s and get a mishmash of different tones?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
the randall RM uses interchangable preamp modules right?

problem is, it doesnt solve the criss-cross of 6L6 and EL34. The mofo is pretty good, but im sure you could probably get something like a KK signature marshall (2203KK) which uses Kt88s and get a mishmash of different tones?

but you could self bias the amp to run different tubes.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.