Guitarfetish.com sells a lot of really great hardware and is the only place I go to buy my bridges, tuners, etc, but they sell pickups too and Im wondering has anyone out there tried their pickups? the specific ones Im looking at are the Vintage 59 humbuckers. The set comes out to about 80 dollars, but their gear is all priced low and is pretty good so are their pickups to be trusted? Like will they be better than the stock epi pickups and if so how good are they? thanks
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Their pickups are a much better value than their hardware.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
sooooo like gibson good? or like good compared to a ****ty pair of pickups found on a 50 guitar?
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Quote by brownsfan456
sooooo like gibson good? or like good compared to a ****ty pair of pickups found on a 50 guitar?

"Good" like better than stock pups on a squier or epiphone, but not quite as good as those found stock on a $600+ guitar ...

that's a gross over generalization but w/e, you get the idea.
I have a vintage 59 in the neck of my Epiphone SG. It's a good pickup. It's not quite to the quality of Seymour Duncan or Dimarzio or Gibsons, but for the money it's a great value.

I've heard horror stories about their hardware though.....like tuning pegs stripping out and breaking the first time they're strung up, TOM bridges collapsing, etc. So if you're happy with the quality of their hardware, you'll probably be ecstatic with their pickups.
Gear:
1998 PRS CE 22-10 Top Natural Finish
MIM HSS Strat-Electron Blue
Vox AC4TV
Their pickups are pretty good. The crunchy rails sounds like a jb
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel