Poll: Should a high school band play at prom
Poll Options
View poll results: Should a high school band play at prom
Yes, Play at Prom
40 89%
No, Do not Play at Prom
5 11%
Voters: 45.
My high school band had been given the opportunity to play at prom.

Rather than give you the discussion (read argument) that my band has been having, I was hoping for your opinions.

Also since I know you are going to ask about genre; We normally play hard rock/classic rock covers, but we are willing to cover anything necessary and danceable, The Beatles, Blink 182, Lil-Wayne covers, whatever.

Here is a video of us last year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFFDUIgAZzQ

Do you believe a high school band should play at prom or stick to shows and concerts?
Last edited by algemar at Sep 30, 2009,
we need to start bringing lives bands instead of DJs so i say yea do it.
I play guitar.
Quote by TheWho2
we need to start bringing lives bands instead of DJs so i say yea do it.

i agree with this but since you say your willing to play something danceable, you would probably need to play stuff like lady gaga, beyonce and other stuff like that
Danceable stuff that's on the radio all the time, Take Me Out's a good song.
Make sure you play Earth Angel. There is no better song to play at a dance.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
Quote by blue_strat
A gig's a gig

Not that desperate for gigs. I'm just curious about whether you think it could be a good or bad venue.

Quote by GNRjungle87
How good are you? Videos, recordings etc?

That would basically be my judging point.

Only video I know of online. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFFDUIgAZzQ
From last year.
Last edited by algemar at Sep 30, 2009,
Do it. Could be loads of fun IMO.
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." -Frank Zappa
Even scene kids / dance / rap people love a bit of GnR / Bon Jovi / Nirvana at a school party - go for it dude...
Gear
ESP LTD Truckster James Hetfield Sig
120W Bugera 333 Amp
Harley Benton G212 Vintage Cab

Desired Gear
ESP EX Diamond
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
MXR 10-Band EQ

C4C
Illusory Master
I would do it. I mean, the crowd might be weird, and the general atmosphere of the whole thing might also be odd, but I personally, being in a high school band myself, wouldn't pass up an opportunity like that.
Depends on the kids who will be there. If my band played prom people would be pissed off becuase we are a heavy metal band. Only like my friends and some of the kids who are my fans in school dig it. If i were to play prom i'd pull out alot of oldschool funk music (I love oldschool funk like the meters and james brown) but it really depends on who you are playing to.