but I'm having a hard time finding parts for it. It's an old 80's peavey tracer body. I don't care if they are original parts. In fact, I have a maple tele neck going on it. My bigest problem is a neck plate. It's got 3 standard bolt possitions and then slants down. It's not even the same size as a standard fender plate. Also, a plate to cover up the wiring wouldn't hurt either.

Anyone know any websites where I can find replacement parts. I've searched google some and tried ebay.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

I don't have the tools to make one.

allparts.com?
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.
If you gotta free body, I'll trade ya straight up.
This one's got some miles, and maybe an exhaust leak.
Plus I'm hungover.

Still.

Anyway, the only pictures of Tracer neckplates i could find are square...

Still, If the neck fits in the pocket fairly snug and square, you could always fill in the holes on the tele neck, redrill, and install.

When you say slant, I'm not sure quite what you mean...

If it's not too extreme, you could shim to the desired angle.

This is a fairly common mod to 70's 3 bolt Fenders, but in reverse.
Quote by Rutch
If you gotta free body, I'll trade ya straight up.
This one's got some miles, and maybe an exhaust leak.
Plus I'm hungover.

Still.

Anyway, the only pictures of Tracer neckplates i could find are square...

Still, If the neck fits in the pocket fairly snug and square, you could always fill in the holes on the tele neck, redrill, and install.

When you say slant, I'm not sure quite what you mean...

If it's not too extreme, you could shim to the desired angle.

This is a fairly common mod to 70's 3 bolt Fenders, but in reverse.

well, it angles at the top. Like the holes are standard for the bottom left, top and bottom right but then it slants down from the top right to the top left. So the top left hole would be somewhere in the middle of the neck plate if it were standard. Also the neck plate is not the same size as a standard fender. I can probably find some mesurements.

mesurments of the neck plate

Width: 1 3/4"
Length (Left Side): 2"
Length (Right Side): 2 1/2"

Anyone know the measurements on one of these? Or a Fender 3-bolt?

Last edited by kurt_cobain9 at Sep 30, 2009,
Why don't you recess the screws and add ferrules, ibanez style?
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

I'm just trying to keep it almost as original as possible, but with a different neck. That's about it.

Not sure which Tracer you've got there. But many of them came with Kahler Spyder tremolos. You can have alook at www.wammiworld.com or www.kahlerparts.com/. Also eBay may have one or two, some of the Tracers had LFR's as well.

Also, you can usually find the Tracer's for REAL cheap on Craigslist. I see them all the time for usually under $200. You can also look for the Nitro models cause they were almost the same guitar. There were several different Tracer models like the Deluxe, Custom with different tremolo, necks and pick-up configurations as well.

The one below is mine, scored it off Craigslist for $100 shipped a few years back. Awesome guitar for the money. The Spyder was missing a few parts that I have since replaced. These Tracer models with the neck like mine, while bolt on, are still very close to the Vandenberg models from that time period.